1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Internships? During the summer ur taking mcats?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Sofia Ahmed, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Sofia Ahmed

Sofia Ahmed Life4 2+ Year Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Hi all,

I'm not sure whether its okay to apply to internships especially when ur taking the mcats during that summer? Is it encouraged?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DocWinter

DocWinter 2+ Year Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Depends on how many mcats you are taking.

4. swinsh01

swinsh01 5+ Year Member

Dec 27, 2011
    I worked a full time job the summer I took the MCAT and did well enough to land me 8 interviews, so unless you're working 60+ hours a week, you'll probably be fine.

5. Mehd School

Mehd School 5+ Year Member

May 2, 2012
    West Coast
    Came to say the same thing.
    Flex it a little harder.

6. Dreamstoo

Dreamstoo 5+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I'm in the same situation. But I decided to focus just on the MCAT. If the OP thinks he can handle it go for it. But IMO anything over 40 hours a week commitment is risky.

7. DocWinter

DocWinter 2+ Year Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Mindreader..

8. scoKraz4

scoKraz4 2+ Year Member

Dec 16, 2013
    I had internship, took classes, and did research and had plenty of time to study for the MCAT..over a 5 month period though.