Internships in CA which emphasized 3rd wave behavioral approaches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LucidMind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Any ideas on some internship sites in California which emphasize or at least include 3rd wave behavioral approaches in their training/supervision (i.e. ACT, mindfulness, DBT). Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You may want to look into whether there are any rotations (or faculty) in the Osher Center that are part of UCSF's Clinical Psychology Training Program. I know they have postdoc research opportunities but I seem to recall that they had placements there through the internship program a few years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF has a unique situation in which you match to both internship and research postdoc, and so they tend to get people who are research-focused. I don't do therapy currently, but from what my psych friends and peers say, I'm sure you could get this training at most CA VAs.

If they don't have anyone versed in either of these approaches then you could bring them the info. We had very little DBT at my internship site other than some interest by my primary supervisor so we worked together in adding that component to the mix. Some of the best experience that I had during internship and lessons I learned from that process are still being used to help my patients today.