1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Interval for Practice Tests?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cwtreloar, Jan 7, 2009.

1. cwtreloar

7+ Year Member

When you reach that point in your MCAT studying where all you have to do is take practice tests, at what interval are you taking them? Every other day, once a week?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It ultimately depends on how many you have, but I suggest one every other day. This will give you one day to take the test and another to review. You shouldn't do back to back days taking a practice MCAT because that greatly increases the likelihood of burning out. Also, make sure you give yourself an MCAT free day the day before you take the real thing. Furthermore, when you take a practice test, try to replicate your test day as best as you can. In other words, wake up when you would need to wake up. If possible, go to a library on schedule for when you need to be at your test center. Take the practice test with people typing around you. Lastly, do not pause your test. Treat it like the real thing.

4. PlatinumPenny

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    aside from AAMC what other practice test do you suggest? Is there a way to just buy practice test without signing up for a course?

5. DrDre2001

7+ Year Member

I would say take one every 3 days. Take one, and then two days to review.

Reviewing them was the most important part to me. This takes about a day if you review it completely, if you review the questions you got correct - which you should because sometimes you got lucky or sometimes you notice how you could have gotten that correct answer in a quicker way.

Also, I used to review the tests for a day, and then for a day id brush up on things i was weak on in the content books.

So itd be:

day 1: aamc practice test 5
    day 2: review aamc practice test 5
    day 3: go over some content from your review books
    day 4: start all over

and i repeated the above for aamc practice tests 5,6,7, and 8.

If you have a "point in your MCAT studying where all you have to do is take practice tests", and you have all the aamc practice tests, then that "point in your studying" will take 3 weeks almost. Well, you dont want to forget the content during this period. So this is why i had a day in between (day 3 in that fake schedule abovre) where i reviewed content.