interventional cardiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acro Yali

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on training schedule, competitivess, job prospect, personal satisfaction,... radiation exposure(?),...etc? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Acro Yali:
•Any thoughts on training schedule, competitivess, job prospect, personal satisfaction,... radiation exposure(?),...etc? Thanks.•••••Training: Typically this is one year beyond a cardiology fellowship :3 + 1 = 4 years total beyond your medicine residency.

Competitiveness: As Competitive as it gets

Job Prospect: Excellent

Personal Satisfaction: Not something you can ask strangers about in a public internet forum. It's a matter of personal preference. Go do a rotation in the cath lab to get a flavor.

Radiation Exposure: There is some. I would advise you to to do your own research on this if it concerns you. You obviously are well protected with lead, but some cardiologists do leave the profession due to concerns about cumulative exposure. The literature seems to support the fact that the radiation you get is at 'safe' levels. Do your own research though.

Hi there, could anybody help me find an Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Training Program for foreign students like me, coming from the Philippines?

Members don't see this ad :)