Interventional Neurology/ Interventional Neuroradiology/Endovascular Neurosurg.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EVNS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the programs that have trained neurologists in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

Although belated but thanx for the reply.
I have definitely heard of te society but some friends told me that it was not beneficial to them. In you opinion is it necessary?
Btw this list isnt complete is it? Must I sign up for membership to gain access to the complete list?
Thanx again

There is a Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology that you can join and learn from.through. Here is a link to there fellwoship database:

http://www.svin.org/Pages/fellowship_database.aspx

Good luck,

Dan

Members don't see this ad :)
I am strongly considering interventional neurology after realizing I love to do procedures. My only concern is about wearing lead for a whole days work. Does this idea bother anyone else? I remember wearing lead through long vascular surgery cases in medical school and thinking I was going to pass out. Are there options for people who are interested in endovascular, but who don't think they can wear lead for their entire career.

Although belated but thanx for the reply.
I have definitely heard of te society but some friends told me that it was not beneficial to them. In you opinion is it necessary?
Btw this list isnt complete is it? Must I sign up for membership to gain access to the complete list?
Thanx again

Not necessary to join if you don't wish to. Word of mouth and personal recommendations are infinitely better to enter the EVNS world from neurology. The fellowship places used to be public, if no longer, then I'd just check the ACGME website. They'll be on there.

Good luck.