INTERVENTIONAL PULMONOLOGY FELLOWSHIP WEBSITE NOT WORKING

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRHEH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am an established pulm/crit physician in my second year of practice; I decided I want to pursue IP training. I have been attempting to apply through their AIPPD/IPFAS website for a week now and while all the documents were uploaded the link to submit the payment seems to be non existing. Clearly there is something wrong with the website they are using. Anyone in the same boat? Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am an established pulm/crit physician in my second year of practice; I decided I want to pursue IP training. I have been attempting to apply through their AIPPD/IPFAS website for a week now and while all the documents were uploaded the link to submit the payment seems to be non existing. Clearly there is something wrong with the website they are using. Anyone in the same boat? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try contacting the people who run the website? Nobody is going to be able to help you here

Multiple times through their contact email.. No reply.. Very frustrating.. I figured maybe someone here is applying and has figured out what is going on.. I see its not that common of a field I guess..

Members don't see this ad :)
Since it isn't a match based program you can probably reach out to the programs directly to apply. I know my IP attendings told us it was a lot of behind the scenes brokering that got fellows in to up programs (or at least the super academic ones). Do you have contacts from your fellowship who are helping you?

Similar issue. I finally got a hold of someone. They said they should be able to fix it by next week hopefully.

Holy Crap man, thank you ! do you mind me asking who you were able to get a hold of ? I tried to email through the website so many times and nothing... My application fee was paid and the application never went through... I wonder if I will get a refund to reapply

I am in the same boat. Tried calling them but of no help. Any new suggestions
Similar issue. I finally got a hold of someone. They said they should be able to fix it by next week hopefully.

The week will come to an end in the next two days. Problem still not resolved.

I thought the problem has been resolved.
I already re-applied. Unfortunately there is no way to verify if your application has reached the programs of interest.
Very strange system.
Try to reapply and make the payment.

I thought the problem has been resolved.
I already re-applied. Unfortunately there is no way to verify if your application has reached the programs of interest.
Very strange system.
Try to reapply and make the payment.
Could you make the payment? Payment is not accepted. A very lousy web site and we are now 20 plus years in the internet era. Glad to see that the NRMP did not operate this way!

Could you make the payment? Payment is not accepted. A very lousy web site and we are now 20 plus years in the internet era. Glad to see that the NRMP did not operate this way!
Payment system is still not operational.

Thanks, and your reply is very much appreciated. Will try tonight.

Sent the "donation". No confirmation received, A very lousy process. Again thanks for guiding me to "donate". Please let me know if you hear from any of the programs. Likewise, I will post my experiences too

So they said they fixed the payment system now and I was finally able to pay. It says donate but it is the application payment.
As suggested by you, the application payment was made via "Donate". Then I checked on Application Status, and it says Your application fee has not been received. The process is extremely frustrating. How do you confirm that your application is complete.

No way to know whether or not the applications have been received by programs after you submit the donation/payment. Agree the website is lousy. You can contact the program directors and ask. To be quite honest I am only applying to two places. Haven't heard anything yet. I do not know if you guys have or not. Best of luck.

I am on the west coast. Tried calling some programs but did not get an answer. Left a message. If you click on the application status it says, the application fee has not been received. When you pay, they call donation and when you check the status they call it as application fee. Looks like thes folks have never deigned a web site.

As suggested by you, the application payment was made via "Donate". Then I checked on Application Status, and it says Your application fee has not been received. The process is extremely frustrating. How do you confirm that your application is complete.
I did the "donate" and now my application says "Your application and application fee have been received." It is weird the way they did the website. Try the contact us?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.