Interview 3 days in a row (plus dinners)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOULEZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this an efficient way to travel or exhausting and not recommended? I would essentially be leaving interview, driving 1-2 hours, then going to the dinner for the next program. It sounds overwhelming.
I welcome anyone else's experience with traveling and scheduling advice.

Members don't see this ad.

im doing 3 in a row at one point. ill be missing multiple dinners :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did four in a week once. All were in the LA area. Three had associated dinners. I managed to make them all. Most interview days end by 3pm, so it's really not that bad.

Hell, I did Loyola and Rush back to back as well, where one program had a cocktail hour afterwards and the other one had a dinner the night before. I managed to go straight from one social to the other (with like 30 min in between).... and I wasn't the only one. There were like three of us at both.

Reactions: 1 user
Very reassuring. Many thanks.

Make sure when you are planning your itinerary to keep in mind traffic when traveling from one interview to another pre-interview dinner. When you're sitting there Google Maps'ing at 11 PM, it'll be showing you the best case scenario. Tried to navigate through Boston and DC/Maryland rush-hour traffic... got me 1.5 hours late for one dinner, and a last-minute cancel for the other one.

I did 5 interviews in 5 days at one point when I applied. Traveling certainly wiped out any chance of going to some of the dinners (in fact I only made it to one of the 5, and that was because it was in the same city). Worst stretch involved going from Minneapolis to Cleveland and getting into the latter @3am with the interview starting @7am the next day. It was brutal but I don't regret doing it (ultimately matched at one of the 5 progs).