Interview/Acceptance rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inrevertias

Re Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know some places have interview/acceptance rates for some schools, but not others. Anyone know where to get a complete list (or at least as complete as what is available). Obviously the MSAR has some of this info, but most often it lists #interviewed and #matriculated, not #accepted. I saw on some websites that calculated an "acceptance rate" of #matriculated/#interviewed or #matericulated/#applicants, which I'm guessing is probably not the real acceptance rate. Sorry if this has been discussed already. I tried searching, but nothing came up. Any help out there? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know some places have interview/acceptance rates for some schools, but not others. Anyone know where to get a complete list (or at least as complete as what is available). Obviously the MSAR has some of this info, but most often it lists #interviewed and #matriculated, not #accepted. I saw on some websites that calculated an "acceptance rate" of #matriculated/#interviewed or #matericulated/#applicants, which I'm guessing is probably not the real acceptance rate. Sorry if this has been discussed already. I tried searching, but nothing came up. Any help out there? Thanks.

i got one off sdn with data from 2004. i don't know if i'll be able to successfully re-search for it, but if you pm me your email address i'll send you the file

I just bought a book yesterday that has this exact info. in it. If you post a list of the schools you were wondering about i'll post the info about interview/acceptance rates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just bought a book yesterday that has this exact info. in it. If you post a list of the schools you were wondering about i'll post the info about interview/acceptance rates.

I've got the data from 2004, but I'm curious about this. What book? What cycle is the data from? Can I find it on amazon ;)?

I've got the data from 2004, but I'm curious about this. What book? What cycle is the data from? Can I find it on amazon ;)?

It's the U.S. News and World Report: Ultimate Guide to Medical Schools. I picked it up for about $20 from Barnes and Noble. This is Data from 2005...UIC received 4856 apps 3296 from out of state. Of the out of state 256 received interviews and 185 acceptances just from out of state. From instate, 1560 apps received and 572 interviews with 455 acceptances. It has tons of useful info in it!

It's the U.S. News and World Report: Ultimate Guide to Medical Schools. I picked it up for about $20 from Barnes and Noble. This is Data from 2005...UIC received 4856 apps 3296 from out of state. Of the out of state 256 received interviews and 185 acceptances just from out of state. From instate, 1560 apps received and 572 interviews with 455 acceptances. It has tons of useful info in it!

thanks! i might have to get myself a copy of that.

could you pls post case and pitt? thx.

Thanks for the update.

could you pls post case and pitt? thx.

Pittsburgh
3.62 GPA average
11.3 MCAT

5300 applied; 1188 interviewed; 462 accepted; 148 enrolled = total
4506 applied; 1024 interviewed; 397 accepted; 125 enrolled = out of state applicants

Case
4975 applied; 1027 interviewed; 427 accepted; 167 enrolled = total
4241 applied; 811 interviewed; 347 accepted; 123 enrolled = out of state

3.62 GPA; 11.0 MCAT

Cool.... Based on those numbers it looks like if you get an interview you have close to a 50% chance of being accepted. That's pretty high. Hey, I'll take hope anywhere I can find it >).

Do they have MD PhD statistics as well, or exclusively for MD's?

Also, UCSF (no total applicants on their website) and NYU please :)

Do they have MD PhD statistics as well, or exclusively for MD's?

Also, UCSF (no total applicants on their website) and NYU please :)

It looks like these statistics are strictly M.D. stats, although, it doesn't specify it just gives the table for applicants, interviews, acceptences, and enrollments.

UCSF - 3.79 GPA; 11.3/section MCAT; Ranked #4 for research...ironically it is ranked #1 for AIDS in the specialty rankings...lol

total: 5298 applied; 538 interviewed; 257 accepted; 141 enrolled
In state: 2778 applied; N/A interviewed; 184 accepted; 117 enrolled
obviously the rest is out of state - no need to type it ;)

NYU - 3.73 GPA; 11.0/section MCAT; #32 for research

total: 8028 applied; 940 interviewed; 468 accepted; 160 enrolled
out of state: 6561 applied; 705 interviewed; 330 accepted; 93 enrolled

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know Penn State's stats? Maybe I missed it....

If anyone coudl post the number for Colorado, that would be great!
Thanks!
ChrisV

If anyone coudl post the number for Colorado, that would be great!
Thanks!
ChrisV

Penn State isn't listed in this book booswim...I dunno why, sorry.

As for Colorado:

3.74 GPA; 11.0/section MCAT; #26 in research; #6 in primary care

total: 2526 applied; 558 interviewed; 246 accepted; 143 enrolled
out of state: 1943 applied; 228 interviewed; 105 accepted; 35 enrolled

obviously, the rest is instate

Oh I don't doubt that GPA and MCAT are going up, I was refering to the interview to acceptances rate. I don't think there is much variation from year to year. I could be wrong. I just picked two from the 2002 to 2004 stats for example. Stanfords accepts 33% of interviews in 2002 and 34% in 2004. and UC-davis accepts 47% of interviews in 2002 and 41% in 2004. I think if I had the time or effort I would do some statistics to see if that is a significant change. I don't think very many schools would show a significant change in the percentage of acceptances from interviews. Using the percentages is really the only useful way to look at these numbers because the actual numbers probably vary more than the ratios to one another. And while you are applying there is no way of knowing how many other people are in those categories with you so percetages tell you more about what is going on.

I have also heard that AMCAS called for an increase in enrollment for all medical schools in the country due to physician shortages that will likely happen over the next few years. Is there any truth to this? If so, we could probably expect to see the competition going down a bit for a few years to get in.

Yes, I believe they've called for a 15% increase by 2015, and 3% every subsequent year until 2025. They're trying to anticipate the needs of the quickly aging American Baby-Boomers. Good news for the rest of us, too:)

Yes, I believe they've called for a 15% increase by 2015, and 3% every subsequent year until 2025. They're trying to anticipate the needs of the quickly aging American Baby-Boomers. Good news for the rest of us, too:)

wow 2025. It just seems odd that my mom's friend's 4 year old daughter could actually have a spot in that class...lol.

wow 2025. It just seems odd that my mom's friend's 4 year old daughter could actually have a spot in that class...lol.
really sorry for you havin to keep postin these, but could you please post umiami and eastern virginia (EVMS)'s numbers? thanks!

really sorry for you havin to keep postin these, but could you please post umiami and eastern virginia (EVMS)'s numbers? thanks!

It's quite alright, I have nothing to do but be on the net all day. I'm still on summer vacation ;)

UMiami:

total: 3739 applied; 473 interviewed; 323 accepted; 182 enrolled
instate: 1247 applied; 312 interviewed; 237 accepted; 150 enrolled

3.71 GPA; 9.8/section MCAT; #56 in research

EVMS:

total: 3424 applied; N/A interviewed; 256 accepted; 110 enrolled
Out of State: 2704 appled; N/A interviewed; N/A accepted; 37 enrolled
73 enrolled from instate out of 720 applicants

3.45 GPA; 10.1/section MCAT; #52 in primary care

you guys know this is available on the usnews.com website right? just follow the links to grad schools then med schools. you need to subscribe, but it's only about $15 for the year. there's a crapload of info and it just seems easier way to get answers.

I don't see either of the LSU schools on the list. Could someone with a USNEWS subscription please check and see if they have them this year.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see either of the LSU schools on the list. Could someone with a USNEWS subscription please check and see if they have them this year.

Thanks in advance.

It's not in my book from them. Sorry.

thanks for lookin this stff up for me, adam
its much appreciated!

aww man where did adam go? why was he banned?
boo

thanks for your efforts, adam. i'm sorry i helped get you banned.

well I had to get a new account. Banned?? That's just ridiculous. I think as the owner of a U.S. News book I have a right to distribute the information as I please. I mean all I did was the same as if someone walked into the book store and looked through the book and didn't buy it.

well I had to get a new account. Banned?? That's just ridiculous. I think as the owner of a U.S. News book I have a right to distribute the information as I please. I mean all I did was the same as if someone walked into the book store and looked through the book and didn't buy it.

adam = people's champ!

That is so freaking weak. You posted public information!!!!:mad: :mad:

That is so freaking weak. You posted public information!!!!:mad: :mad:
This is a bit sketchy. I mean while it came from a copyrighted work, I don't think the actual information could possibly be copyrighted. Now if he posted one of the articles in the magazine, that's a different matter.

The dude got banned? Are you kidding me? LAME!

I would like to point out that just because a moderator claims to not have banned a person for a particular reason doesn't mean that was not actually the reason the person was banned.

I'm assuming so unless I hear otherwise.

I would like to point out that just because a moderator claims to not have banned a person for a particular reason doesn't mean that was not actually the reason the person was banned.

I'm assuming so unless I hear otherwise.

Posting stats for schools was not the reason that the user was banned.

Does anyone have interview/acceptance rates for UWash MSTP, UWisc MSTP, or UChicago MSTP?

Does Harvard publish their stats? Another thread is having good discussion about if someone would turn down Harvard...

I have this data for 2004. for harvard, they accepted 225 and 165 matriculated...so yeah, some people turn down harvard.

if others would like this 2004 data for the schools (number of applications, interviews, acceptances and matriculants), pm me and i'll email it to you. i got it from sdn, but it would take more time to re-find it for you.

Can someone please post these stats for University of Michigan, Northwestern, Colombia, Stanford, and Wayne State?

purchase the MSAR. It has all this info for all the schools. ALSO, remember that if a certain school has 150 enrolled and 500 interviewed, then they are likely to have let in a lot more than 150 students (since they take of the waitlist etc). the less reputable the school, the more of the waitlist. that said, many schools are ~50% acceptance if you make the interview stage.