1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interview advice for UC Irvine

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nray, Mar 20, 2002.

1. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Can anyone tell me about the UCI interview and the questions you had?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

4. Cambrian

Cambrian Colonel/Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

IF there's one advice I can give you is to give yourself a lot of time between interviews (if it's at all possible). The reason is the student interview is at the medical school in UCI but the faculty interview is either at the medical center or the UCI family clinic (one is located in Orange and the other in Santa Ana, respectively). So, considering the Freakingly monstrous traffic jam on the 55 North Freeway, you might not get there on time, which was what happened to me. I was 5 minutes late. But the physician was cool about it. Also, the reason I was late because my student interviewer interviewed me for ONE HOUR and THIRTY MINUTES. He grilled me on everything from euthanasia to the current health care system in the United States (comparing it to Canada) and how certain cultures allow disparity in the caring of patients. But that was just one guy. The majority of the student interviewers are ver laid back. So good luck

5. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

I think the interviews at UCI were very fair. My student interview, too, was pretty long. I didn't get grilled about Euthanasia, but I did get some trickey healthcare questions and other questions. The faculty interview was pretty conversational. My faculty asked me what one thing I wish I could change about myself? That was a pretty tough question, but I answered it truthfully. Besides that, nothing else out of the ordinary. BTW....my faculty interview was in Orange, at the med center. Don't worry about driving, UCI DOES shuttle you there. The people in the admissions office do a kick ass job or running the day. It is well organized and made to be low-stress!

Good Luck