Interview advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AISMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at UTMB on 09/08/2000. My question is, does my MCAT and GPA still factor in for acceptance? Will acceptance be, at this point, based primarily on how well my interview goes? Thanks in advance for the replies.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that only the interview counts from this point onward.

------------------
And the blessings just keep coming!

It depends on the school, but I believe MOST schools look at the entire package - GPA, MCAT, AMCAS, secondary, and interview results to make a final decision on your acceptance.

Geo

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually just got back from my UTMB interview today, and I'm 99% sure they look at your entire application (GPA, MCAT, letters of rec, personal statement, interview feedback, etc). I know interviews carry a lot of weight, but I don't think any school bases its decision on that alone.

As for my experience, the day was really enjoyable and informative. Both of my interviewers were very nice and easy to talk with. Nothing high stress at all. They had my entire application to review, but I got the feeling they didn't have my GPA or MCAT scores because one of them asked if I had done pretty well in my classes. They must keep that info separate so it doesn't influence their impression of you. I think it's a pretty good idea. Well, good luck with your interview.

Thanks for the replies. The reason I am concerned if they will weigh in my MCAT score is because I only got a 20,N. But, I still got the interview. So, if I totally rock the interview, will I have a decent chance? The August MCAT is my wedding day, but I will retake it in April 2001, if I need to.