Interview after hold at UCSD

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pwrpfgrl, Oct 23, 2002.

1. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member

Hi!

Well, I just got the fabulous hold for interview at UCSD. This is my absolute number one would-do-anything-including-giving-up-a-kidney school. Does anyone have good news after being put on hold for interview there? Also, has anyone been rejected post-secondary from UCSD yet?

Thanks everyone!!
    :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bounty

Bounty 1K Member

I met someone when I interviewed at UCSD who had been given an interview after she was put on hold...

4. jot

jot

i was put on hold for about 2 days -- i sent an e-mail asking why - and i got an interview as a reponse. another friend was put on hold for about 3 days and recieved an int. dunno what the dilly is with it. goodluck

-jot

5. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member

Thanks for your encouragement!!

It's my birthday today and I thought they were sending me an interview as a nice present! Wouldn't that be nice? :clap: oh well, I guess it's better than a rejection!

6. MGoBlue13

MGoBlue13 Grizzled Member

Jot, are you a Cali resident? Just wanted to know if that helps you get off of the hold.

7. qdefiant

qdefiant Member

jot, when is your interview?

8. jot

jot

hey mggoblue i cleared out my pm's.

i'm not a cali resident but i'm also applying mstp which may negate residency issues to some degree. - i'll be going there on jan 9th qdefiant. take care

9. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed

Just called UCSD. They received Aug mcat scores last Thursday & are still sorting through them. Hopefully, those of us aug mcaters on interview hold will hear soon once they "refigure" our applications.

10. qdefiant

qdefiant Member

hey jot, did you apply to uci's mstp, if you did, did you get invited for the interview, if yes, then when?

q

11. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member

email would probaby be the best method. i called asking "why" last and they say directly something to the extent that the peoplle they're interview are "more competitive appliations than you". +pissed+

12. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed

Yeah, next to the pissy secretary @ Davis, SD gets my vote for not having the most courteous staff. :rolleyes:

The only helpful person there has been Yvonne, who has been really good @ returning emails.

13. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

Happy Birthday!!!!! :) :) :)

14. jot

jot

sory qdefiant i didn't applythere- goollukc

15. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member

Thank You!! :)
    I just had to call my dad to remind him ...:rolleyes: that's gotta be a sign you're getting old! oh well, I love birthdays - better go out and party now!!

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. nygirl6464

nygirl6464 Senior Member

is it a good idea to call if you have been put on hold at sd? i wasn't sure if they would be annoyed or if maybe it would be good b/c then they would be reminded that i am still there? what is a good time to call i was put on hold for Possible Interview on 10/09. thanks

18. jot

jot

i wouldn't call - they seem particuarly crabby abotu that. i e-mailed on impulse but i don't think thta was necessary, i would just wait. e-mail if you have to , but don't call would be my advice.