pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2002
school
Visit site
Status
Hi!

Well, I just got the fabulous hold for interview at UCSD. This is my absolute number one would-do-anything-including-giving-up-a-kidney school. Does anyone have good news after being put on hold for interview there? Also, has anyone been rejected post-secondary from UCSD yet?

Thanks everyone!!
:)

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
I met someone when I interviewed at UCSD who had been given an interview after she was put on hold...

J

jot

i was put on hold for about 2 days -- i sent an e-mail asking why - and i got an interview as a reponse. another friend was put on hold for about 3 days and recieved an int. dunno what the dilly is with it. goodluck

-jot

About the Ads
OP
P

pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2002
school
Visit site
Status
Thanks for your encouragement!!

It's my birthday today and I thought they were sending me an interview as a nice present! Wouldn't that be nice? :clap: oh well, I guess it's better than a rejection!

J

jot

hey mggoblue i cleared out my pm's.

i'm not a cali resident but i'm also applying mstp which may negate residency issues to some degree. - i'll be going there on jan 9th qdefiant. take care

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Just called UCSD. They received Aug mcat scores last Thursday & are still sorting through them. Hopefully, those of us aug mcaters on interview hold will hear soon once they "refigure" our applications.

qdefiant

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2002
cali
Visit site
Status
hey jot, did you apply to uci's mstp, if you did, did you get invited for the interview, if yes, then when?

q

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by jot
i was put on hold for about 2 days -- i sent an e-mail asking why - and i got an interview as a reponse. another friend was put on hold for about 3 days and recieved an int. dunno what the dilly is with it. goodluck

-jot
email would probaby be the best method. i called asking "why" last and they say directly something to the extent that the peoplle they're interview are "more competitive appliations than you". +pissed+

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Yogi Bear
i called asking "why" last and they say directly something to the extent that the peoplle they're interview are "more competitive appliations than you". +pissed+ [/B]

Yeah, next to the pissy secretary @ Davis, SD gets my vote for not having the most courteous staff. :rolleyes:

The only helpful person there has been Yvonne, who has been really good @ returning emails.

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by pwrpfgrl
Thanks for your encouragement!!

It's my birthday today and I thought they were sending me an interview as a nice present! Wouldn't that be nice? :clap: oh well, I guess it's better than a rejection!

Happy Birthday!!!!! :) :) :)

J

jot

hey jot, did you apply to uci's mstp, if you did, did you get invited for the interview, if yes, then when?
sory qdefiant i didn't applythere- goollukc

OP
P

pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2002
school
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Random Access
Happy Birthday!!!!! :) :) :)

Thank You!! :)
I just had to call my dad to remind him ...:rolleyes: that's gotta be a sign you're getting old! oh well, I love birthdays - better go out and party now!!

nygirl6464

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
Status
is it a good idea to call if you have been put on hold at sd? i wasn't sure if they would be annoyed or if maybe it would be good b/c then they would be reminded that i am still there? what is a good time to call i was put on hold for Possible Interview on 10/09. thanks

J

jot

i wouldn't call - they seem particuarly crabby abotu that. i e-mailed on impulse but i don't think thta was necessary, i would just wait. e-mail if you have to , but don't call would be my advice.

About the Ads