Interview Anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trajan

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I try to show a calm demeanor regarding all things premed --except when under the protection of SDN anonymity.

Honestly, I cant help but feel nervous after seeing so many interview offers on SDN. I have 14 completed secondaries thus far, about 10 of these applications were completed by August 31.
At what point should one assume that his application has been reviewed and thrown aside? I received one interview offer at my state school, which I was very happy about, but everything has been silent since then -- except on SDN!

Are we still early in this game?

Members don't see this ad.

Still really early. Interview have just begun...most interview from sept through march (even april). It's only Sept. 24th.

Things will pick up one way or another.

Yes, it's still early. They had to do all the EDPs first, and then a lot of schools skim off the really top applicants for early interviews. SDNers tend to be a pretty gung-ho high achieving bunch, so hang in there, your day will come. (Assuming that you applied to a wide assortment of appropriately chosen schools. I hope you're planning on completing a few more secondaries. 14 is really not a terrifically large number). Good luck to you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is safe to say we are still very early in the game. Alot of schools won't even sned out interviews notification until early October. I just startd to hear back within the last few weeks and my apps were completed in the middle to late August as well. Plus there are still tons of people working on apps out there so you really shouldn't worry. Sometimes I wish I had never found SDN bc it freaked me out to see so many people already done with their apps. But honestly, it just motivated me to get things done sooner and even though I feel like a ***** when i listen to some of the others here, I know the info here is very helpful and it def lets u release much needed stress sometimes. Keep your chin up!

Yeah, we're definitely early. Remember, most schools don't even start interviews until Sept. or Oct., and go into March or April. That's six months of interviews, and we're not even through the first yet. I've recieved some invites already, but haven't heard anything from my state school (UIC) which has already offered interviews, and I sent that secondary in over a month ago. So go fig. I think this whole thing really is a crap shoot.

Don't give up! I'd put money down you'll start getting invites any day now. Good luck! :)

Originally posted by Woots32
Yeah, we're definitely early. Remember, most schools don't even start interviews until Sept. or Oct., and go into March or April. That's six months of interviews, and we're not even through the first yet. I've recieved some invites already, but haven't heard anything from my state school (UIC) which has already offered interviews, and I sent that secondary in over a month ago. So go fig. I think this whole thing really is a crap shoot.

Not so much in your case...you already had an interview at UMICH as an out of stater. Your stats must be through the roof! congrats BTW! UIC may not think you are serious about them and may wait awhile for you and not waste an invite.

I have a friend, also an IL resident, who is at UMICH. She spent 30 minutes (the entire interview almost) convincing that UIC would be a place that she would go to.

Originally posted by Trajan
I try to show a calm demeanor regarding all things premed --except when under the protection of SDN anonymity.

Exactly how I feel.

Originally posted by Trajan

It's funny, but I am more tweaked out in front of my friends than in front of everyone here. :) I dunno, maybe it's comforthing to know we are all in the same boat!