Interview at Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americadotcom

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Did any of you interview at Baylor Houston(surgery program)?I have mine coming up next month.I was just curious as to what they expect from candidates.I hope they are not malignant like other programs where they have been asking questions straight out of anatomy text books.Any feedback in this matter shall be greatly appreciated.Good luck with the match.
:p :p :p :p :p :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

americadotcom said:
Guys,
Did any of you interview at Baylor Houston(surgery program)?I have mine coming up next month.I was just curious as to what they expect from candidates.I hope they are not malignant like other programs where they have been asking questions straight out of anatomy text books.Any feedback in this matter shall be greatly appreciated.Good luck with the match.
:p :p :p :p :p :rolleyes:

Who asked you questions out of an anatomy textbook?

Baylor was fine.

americadotcom said:
I hope they are not malignant like other programs where they have been asking questions straight out of anatomy text books.

:laugh: I'm picturing some surgeon with Netter's in his lap, covering up the labels, pointing to muscles, and having the interviewee identify them. That would be hilarious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ergo said:
Who asked you questions out of an anatomy textbook?
that's the mgh interview way.

geekgirl said:
that's the mgh interview way.

Really? So what would the questions be? Would it be things like: Describe the blood supply to the pancreas?

robotsonic said:
Really? So what would the questions be? Would it be things like: Describe the blood supply to the pancreas?

A couple of residents I know who interviewed at MGH last year relayed that it's a panel interview. You sit in front of a group of faculty, and they fire basic science questions at you that seem off the wall - some anatomy, but a lot of stuff for which you can't necessarily prepare. "Explain the genetic/ embryological basis for identical twins" was one example they mentioned. My guess is that they're testing your medical knowledge, but also your ability to think on the fly and to handle pressure.

Sounds like loads of fun. :scared: