SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Interview at Columbia!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FrankMD, Nov 8, 2001.

1. FrankMD

FrankMD Ophthalmologist Wanna Be 10+ Year Member

Jul 14, 2001
    NYC
    This is my first interview and I have no idea what to expect!? Can anyone tell me their experiences there? Travel arrangements? Should I stay with the medstudents? What type of questions do they ask you? Thanks for your help.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 6, 2000
    Virginia
    sorry, I don't have any insights for you but there have been many many good posts with such info.......

I just wanted to say "CONGRATS!!"
    Thats wonderful and exciting!
    Good luck to you!
    L :)

4. Aoshi

Aoshi Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    I've usually heard good things about staying with med students...they can give you a lot of honest info. As for whether Columbia uses the "stress" interview, I have no clue. Decided not to apply there...but congrats and good luck!

5. coop

coop Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 4, 2001
  6. katiep

katiep Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Conversational. Be prepared to talk about your interests. Totally relaxed. Very enjoyable. I live in NYC, so I didn't stay with a student.

7. I have no clue about the interview... but wanted to say congrats to a fellow Bruin. go dominate.

8. efjayen

efjayen Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 24, 2001
    ucb
    BRUIN?! um...i think he's a cal bear :D

9. Darwin

Darwin 10+ Year Member

Aug 18, 2001
    HMS Beagle
    Probably a Cal Bear...but when one thinks of bleeding Blue and Gold, of course the first thing that comes to mind is the Bruin...anyone else see the game 4 weeks ago? LOL