Interview at Feinberg in October, Any Chance for Acceptance in Feb?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illini2Med

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I This is my first real SDN post. I interviewed at Northwestern Feinberg in October, but I did not hear anything back in November. Do I have any chance of being accepted in February, or is it waitlist or rejection for me? Anyone with knowledge from previous years would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I This is my first real SDN post. I interviewed at Northwestern Feinberg in October, but I did not hear anything back in November. Do I have any chance of being accepted in February, or is it waitlist or rejection for me? Anyone with knowledge from previous years would be very helpful.

You definitely still have a chance! They only offer admission to about 25% of their accepted applicants in the November group.

You definitely still have a chance! They only offer admission to about 25% of their accepted applicants in the November group.

But don't they also only interview about 25% before the November acceptances? By the way, you have some incredible acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mods, could you please move this to the allopathic forum. I think people there might have a better idea.

yes- i was wondering the exact same thing, given the application was proabaly reviewed at least once already and didn't make the cut?

Ive heard they are sending out acceptances the 23rd and/OR early March. If you didn't hear in November, you will receive a final decision in one or 2 weeks about acceptance/wailtlist/rejection (I'm pretty sure). Goodluck, hopefully we will all get good news in a couple weeks!!!

Absolutely! When I interviewed there they said that they only gave out some acceptances in November but the rest will be given out at the end of Feburary to early March. So you most definetely still stand a chance at getting an acceptance letter. Best of Luck to you and everyone who interviewed. Hope we all hear good news.

But don't they also only interview about 25% before the November acceptances? By the way, you have some incredible acceptances.

Thanks! Yes, I have been very fortunate this application cycle.

BTW, your above statement is pretty close to the truth. Based on their interview timeline, I believe they will have interviewed about a third of the total number of interviewees by the time they made their November decisions.

You would assume the November acceptances would be a small portion when you factor in any waitlist movement/declining of acceptances.