Interview at Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmehta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing at Meharry, and I would like to know where to stay besides the Holiday Inn for $80 that they suggest. on interview feedback, someone suggested a days inn, but i wasn't sure which one as there are multiple ones. I would also appreciate any info on teh interview as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview!! I read the same information you did on the interviewfeedback site, so I don't have any other input than you already have. Anyway, I also applied to Meharry and have heard nothing from them yet. My file was complete Oct. 16. When was your file complete and how long did it take for them to notify you of an interview. Thanks a bunch....the waiting is agonizing!!!!

Check to see if med students host interviewees. The admissions office can probably let you know if they do that at Meharry. Its free and its also an excellent way to get the inside scoop on the school.
Congrats and good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
No Fear, hang in there. I sent in my application in around the same time you did, and they just received my August MCAT scores recently. They invited me on Oct. 18th for an interview in november. Yours is right around the corner.

About staying with students, I agree it is a great way to learn about the school. However, I would to ensure that I get a good night's rest before the interview, and therefore I think a hotel is the best way to have this.

nmehta,
Thanks for your input. I hope I will hear something soon, part of the process is just waiting. Anyway, I hope your interview goes well and we that become classmates next June.

p.s. Keep posting so we can stay in touch

Hi, I interviewed there several weeks ago (haven't heard anything yet though). One guy who interviewed with me said he booked his hotel room through PriceLine.Com.
He got his room for $35! I am not sure how priceline works though, but you might want to check it out.
Personally, I stayed at the Clubhouse Inn (only a $5 cab-ride to the school).

hello, are you a black applicant? i think that meharry is an all black school, if i am not mistaken.

No, I am not an African American Applicant. Neither am I a member of another Minority Group. Meharry has an entering class with 30% non-URM. I enjoyed my visit to the school and would love to become a student there.

Neither am I a black applicant nor another underrepresented minority. It is my feeling that my desire and commitment to community medicine and practicing in underserved areas is what interested Meharry in my application.

On a side note, I used priceline, and received a hotel at Nashville airport for $35. I am staying in the Wyndham, a supposed four star hotel! The trick is to use an american express card which adds $20 to your bid. Also, don't use priceline for airline tickets for interviews unless you are going in the day before and leaving the day after. The schedule cannot be controlled, and oyu may end up getting a flight time during your interview!

Best of luck all. Anyone interviewing on the 13th of this month?

Hey nmehta, glad to hear that your interview went well. I read your response at the interview feedback site, but was wondering if you had anything else you can say about your experience...... I have still not heard anything back yet, I just have to keep waiting!!

No fear,

don't worry, it is still early in their interviewing time, they go through march i believe. ABout more information, I am not sure what you want to know, but if you have specific questions, feel free to ask here or through email at [email protected]

Best of luck.