Quantcast

Interview at Midwestern Arizona (MWU-CDMA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alginatewarrior

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So I am booking my flight for my interview at MWU-CDMA and I was wondering what traffic is like if I am using uber as transportation. The departing flight from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is at 7PM, the email noted that all activities would be over by 4:30PM, would this be enough time to get to the airport and through security? I have never been through this airport and do not know what to expect. The alternative is I just leave the next day but I would also have to make changes to my airbnb and request another night!

frozenicecreamDMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
no traffic whatsoever in phoenix may be some traffic near airport but you will hve more than enough time to make that flight

alginatewarrior

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
no traffic whatsoever in phoenix may be some traffic near airport but you will hve more than enough time to make that flight
Is uber a quick option to get to the airport? Alternatively, does the school provide any sort of transportation available to the airport for some fee?

frozenicecreamDMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
to my knowledge, the school provides no transportation available. However, you can rent a car from airport (below 25 yrs old for like 40$ a day with insurance included). it can be cheaper if you book it with your flight.

I never use uber but I believe it can get you anywhere as long as your driver shows up on time.

alginatewarrior

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
to my knowledge, the school provides no transportation available. However, you can rent a car from airport (below 25 yrs old for like 40$ a day with insurance included). it can be cheaper if you book it with your flight.

I never use uber but I believe it can get you anywhere as long as your driver shows up on time.
With that, how are the roads there? I mean in the sense of navigating through if I looked into the option of renting a car, i.e. are the highways toll roads, etc.

frozenicecreamDMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
the roads in arizona are very easy to drive if you live in urban area before. if you have a smart phone, buy Tom Tom app they can show you the non toll roads only.

but last time im there, I stayed in a nearby motel, and I dont see any toll road but check with google before hand.

renting a car (make sure you buy full insurance for the rental car so if something happens, you walk away free though you can use your own insurance but it will involve more headache) has a lot of perks, you can explore the city, go take a look at the school. You can pick it up at the airport and drop it off the airport. I dont know if uber in arizona is allowed to pick up in airport. some airports ban ubers.

F

fogorvostan

Expect about 30-40 minutes to get to the airport. There aren't any toll roads. I would recommend seeing if your hotel has a shuttle to the airport for transportation. A 7pm flight will be no issue. My flight out of there was like 5:45pm and I was pushing it, but still made it through.

Reactions: 1 user

PerioDont

Resident Periodontist
5+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Reaction score
So I am booking my flight for my interview at MWU-CDMA and I was wondering what traffic is like if I am using uber as transportation. The departing flight from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is at 7PM, the email noted that all activities would be over by 4:30PM, would this be enough time to get to the airport and through security? I have never been through this airport and do not know what to expect. The alternative is I just leave the next day but I would also have to make changes to my airbnb and request another night!
My interview there finished I think by 3. Its at least 30 minutes driving to the airport. I would personally rent a car though and not use uber just in case.If you rent a car you can check out from your hotel before your interview and then go straight to the airport with your stuff in the car afterwards.

htdt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ask the school if you can bring your luggage with you to the interview so you can head straight to airport afterwards. Also ask if they can schedule your individual interview to be among the earliest people of that day. I called to ask Nova about those things for my upcoming interview and they are able to accommodate both!