Interview at NSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am invited for an interview at NSUCOM for tommorow. Is anyone else from here going? Also, any last minute advice?

[This message has been edited by futuredo (edited 12-02-1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

futuredo,

I wish you the best of luck in your interview tomorrow. I interviewed at Nova on Nov 1 and was accepted on Nov 15. The best advice I can give is to try to relax. Know your application well and try to remain focused during the interview. During my interview one of the interviewers (Dr. Terry) seemed to interject alot. At times it seemed like my interview was going off course. I think he was just testing me and my ability to stay on task with interuptions. Also, I hear it is not uncommon for him to challenge weakness in your application. If you have any weak points make sure you can explain your applications without being defensive. I was not challenged during the interview with these questions but have heard others were. Enjoy the day tomorrow and ask questions. Nova is a great school I am sure you will be impressed. Good luck.

hey futuredo,

I think I interviewed with you. Were you in the morning group?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to leave my impressions of my interview experience at NSUCOM. The students that I met were incredibly friendly...a few spent more than an hour of their time giving us the inside scoop on campus life and this really impressed me. Although I was very uptight before the interview, it turned out to be very low stress and quite enjoyable. Very much like a normal conversation. The Dean of the school talked with us afterwards and gave a pretty inspirational little talk (at least I thought so). Also took a trip down to Miami Beach while I was there and it is a pretty unusual place(half naked people dancing on the sidewalk outside of streetside cafes and such) but alot of fun. Anyway I was impressed with the school...just my thoughts

Hey RollTide,
Actually I was in the afternoon group.
My advice to students would be to relax. The interviewers were very friendly. They were very interested in what I had to say. The dean gave a very emotional speech. He seems to realy care about his students. Great experience!!!

Guys,
Just want to inform all of the NSU-wanna-be, if you had read about the max-security prison rotation thread, I am sure you will change your mind about the dean at NSU. All the students posted there have expressed their anger towards the dean.

I can tell you THIS IS A TRAP!! Once you get in, they will let you know about the prison rotation, especially all you female candidates, THINK before you get yourself into a BURNING HOT situation.

------------------
The Kingdom of the Dragon is here

dragonking,

I am trying to keep myself from laughing at your post. While at NSUCOM I talked with both faculty and students about the prison rotation...they are not trying to hide anything. Besides the fact that it may take away from the rural rotation I am very excited about this opportunity. No matter what the rotation some will not be happy about where a certain rotain is or what type of medicine it involves. Some would rather not be sent into the sticks to practice medicine, some would rather not practice in a inner-city ER, but the point is you are learning to practice medicne and if in the future you choose not to practice in a correctional facility because you have safety concerns then fine, but the purpose and philosophy behind osteopathic medicine is to look at the whole person and if that person happens to be black, red, military, civilian, or even an inmate....you still have a human being who is trusting you with his or her health.

In every fairy tale I have ever read the dragon was slayed...let me grab my sword.

RollTide,
You forgot you have just walked into my domain and you will be burned by fire. This is my kingdom that you are messing with. Your useless sword will only end up in your heart.
Fairy tale is unreal. The reality is a bloody that you won't want to be in.

------------------

Uh Oh. I see where this is going. I think you need to take this one to "Ryan can you handle the Truth?"

"A dragon lives forever,
but not so little boys
Painted wings and giants's rings
make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened,
Jackie Paper came no more
And Puff that mighty dragon,
he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow,
green scales fell like rain
Puff no longer went to play
along the cherry lane.
Without his lifelong friend,
Puff could not be brave
So, Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave, oh"

-Puff the Magic Dragon

And by the way, congrats to the Crimson Tide for slaying a distant reptile relative of yours draginking 34-7.This thread should now move back to the topic at hand, the interview process at NSUCOM.

Kid, you got to grow up just a little bit more. Singing that useless song won't get you anywhere.
You are still living in a dreamy world with all the fantasies and fairy tales, and see the world with all the colors that you like. WAKE UP.
Kid, I wish you good luck.
Watch your back or @$$ real close when you are in your prison rotation. If I see you in the ER with you @$$ being ......, I make sure I will take good care of you.

------------------

I used the thumb, because, dragonking, it is a message to you. Of course, with your limited command of the English language, it may take a while for you to figure it out.

For everyone else on the thread, just ignore him. Or, wait, be careful, for "The kingdom of the dragon is here!!!!"

I agree that this looks like the "Ryan" thread--except of course that this started as a serious discussion and went quickly downhill. Just let this thread die (as I should have) and we won't have to hear anymore about the fantasy world that is the "Dragon's Lair."

So, dk, out of curiosity, what wonderful school do you attend? I'm certain it must be perfect......

Boomer
NSU-COM 2004

[This message has been edited by Boomer (edited 12-05-1999).]

RDO
I am really upset by you denigrating the honorable site known as "RYan can You Handle the TRuth", please dont make such analogies in the future.
THank you

------------------
Khan

Dear Dragonking,
I have several friends who have completed their degree at Nova. I also have some friends at NSUCOM now. None of them seem to be having any problems. My friends who went through the program really like the school and they believe that they got excellent training.
NSUCOM was also given an award for their curriculum and ranked within the top 50 schools for primary care.