Interview at NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontradstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm going to have an interview at NYCOM later this month. I'd like to know some information about interview at NYCOM (essay, interview, and interview day...) Since this is my first interview, I'm pretty nervous and the more information I have, the better I can prepare for it. Also, if you guys have any suggestions about preparation for interview at NYCOM, I'll appreciate them all. Thanks and good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Excellent school, excellent affiliations, excellent staff.. great at making you feel comfortable and relaxed.. I was a wreck too!!! No feedback on chances, but very informative session that covered eveyrthing from housing to tuition! Its a basic secondary with simple questions that you've had to answer for all the other schools (you konw the stuff)

Interviewer was AWESOME.. very pleasant and easy to talk to.. Good LUCK!

I loved it there, all the students seemed happy. Im praying for an acceptance soon!

Thanks Poet,

I called and talked to the admission staff today and they said tht I'm going to have one interview only. Do you mind to tell me more about the application and questions they asked you?

Thanks and good luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi nontrad,

I had this WHOLE response typed out and then got kicked off of cserve. <sigh> I will try to reiterate my points though.

I loved it there, truly... you are going to have a blast. They asked the usual questions like why NYCOM (have to answer this on secondary too, approx. one paragraph) why osteopathic, what I knew about osteopathic medicine, where else I have applied, strengths, weaknesses.. and then a bunch of personal stuff.. its REALLY a conversation. I know that when people say that you don't believe it. (I didn't) but you will see once your there.

Relax and try to have fun. This was my first interview and they made it a truly enjoyable experience. Its amazing what they're doing with Parkinson's and the information they give you in the session is great.

I wish you all the luck and I hope you find your experience to be as great as mine.

GOOD LUCK let me know how it goes
smile.gif

Hey Poet,
Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate your informatin about the interview. Would you like to exchange email, so we can update each other in the process? My stats are close to yours and I'm also an out staters. Again, good luck

hmm. there's a lot of positive things being said about the NYCOM interview. That's funny because one interviewee from NYCOM that I talked to told a different story. He described his interview as this:

He sits down in front of two poker-faced interviewers who look completely serious with no smiles on their faces. Then one of them goes: "You have 60 seconds to convince us why you should be admitted to this school. Go!"

The student told me he sat there stunned. He walked out of the interview feeling terrible. He asked a couple of other interviewees that day how they did, and they went through the same thing.

So I don't know. I guess the interview will depend on who you get to interview you. For those of you who are going to visit the school, pray that you don't get these 2 guys.