Interview at U Pitt!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aoshi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a letter from the Dean at U Pitt offering me an interview before they even sent out the secondary application to me. Looks like the med schools are at least making an effort to keep the process somewhat on time... :D

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt has (for the past several years) pre-invited their best applicants (GPA >3.8 MCAT > 33), just to beat the other schools to the punch.

Congrats on the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sci GPA: 3.85
Non Sci GPA: 3.85
Verbal: 11
Phys: 13
Bio: 11
Writing: S

Hope that helps...

thanks so much!

What did the letter exactly say? oh and good luck on the interview :D

anybody else got an interview with Pitt? ;)

keep the postin pple, with ur beautiful stats please :D

I did. But don't wanna post my stats for now ;-) But you can get a general drift from the other posters.

take care

Lumi

I got it too (anybody going the 13th of Sep?)--38Q, 4.0. The letter just says they've decided to set up an interview prior to reading the entire application, call such and such a number to do so. I think they actually have my secondary, but the letter says they don't.

grasshopper:

I'm going the 14th of Sept. (the 13th is not offered, right?) I'm so excited about Pitt! Are you interviewing at Baylor on the 7th by chance?

Ah...
Luminox is the humble fellow :)
You probably have the 42 and the 4.0 :)

i got the pitt interview too(3.8,36), goin 9/17, anyone else going that date?

Originally posted by coop:
•i got the pitt interview too(3.8,36), goin 9/17, anyone else going that date?•

yeah i'm going on the 17th

Members don't see this ad :)
bobcat (you don't allow for private messages, I guess, but feel free to send me one)--you're right; I'm going to Pitt the 11th, not the 13th. Anybody heard anything about the stress level of their interview process? I'll check out interviewfeedback.com.

And, yes, Bobcat, I'll be at Baylor on the 7th. See you there?

Hi,
I was invited. I'll call them tomorrow to set up an appt. for MSTP. ( 42+ , 3.87 ) Good luck everyone.

UPitt sent me only..a secondary today :(
I wish it was just online...I hate entering coursework everytime :(

I wish they would have just sent me an automatic interview like everyone else!
argh!!!!

CORRECTION: They just sent me an interview invite :) (8/23) hehe...PITT is dope!

I finally got the Pitt MD/PhD and normal MD secondary today.

Damn now I have to work on a curriculum vitae specifically for them.

And of course they want their own specific forms and very specific letters written for them. Its like they expect us to only apply to their program. How would they like it if their students applying to other MD/PhD programs dropped a load of reference forms on their desk and told them they had to write a separate letter (because they all want different things) to all 20 schools they are applying to?

Oh well, at least the MD/PhD part is online.

I have a feeling that if I get accepted there by some miracle, I will be the lowest MCAT ever to get admitted.

Were we allowed to send a CV to the Pitt admissions office? I don't recall reading this anywhere, or i would've sent them a copy of mine. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Lumi

Scooby,
*trust* me, i'm not there by any means (but i did see a 42 on the board somewhere today!).

take care!

Lumi

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•Ah...
Luminox is the humble fellow :)
You probably have the 42 and the 4.0 :)

Originally posted by Luminox:
•Were we allowed to send a CV to the Pitt admissions office? I don't recall reading this anywhere, or i would've sent them a copy of mine. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Lumi•

You only need a CV if you are applying
MD/PhD. I'm not sure if the regular MD program will accept a CV or not.

Well, the day after I got the Pitt secondary materials I got another thin envelope from them. I thought 'uh oh, my first rejection'

but I opened it up and was surprised to find an automatic interview invite.

I think I probably have the lowest MCAT of anybody so far thats gotten this letter. So dont despair, you dont have to have a 35+ MCAT to get this letter it appears.

Does anyone know how many interviews Pitt gives out each year?
Damn! Seems like there will be NONE left for the rest of us :) hahah

Pitt's interview is VERY low key.

Does Pitt offer any kind of program where you can stay with students?

I didnt see anything like that on their website.

Any people that go to Pitt Med on this board?

baylor, i contacted them and they said that that doesn't get started till end of sept./begining of oct. So unless you schedule your interview for then you are out of luck, i was pissed too.

scooby doo, according to the msar pitt interviewed 1,016 students for 147 slots last year, i'd guess they had to give at least 350-400 acceptances to fill 147 slots, so if you get an interview chances are ~35-40%.

I got invited to an interview at Pitt too, before I sent the secondary. But it looks like they don't offer any acceptances for Regular MD until Feb.20. I might just wait to schedule it for when I can stay with a student. The letter was hand-signed and quite flattering. It seems like pretty agressive recruiting.

Originally posted by gel1:
•I got invited to an interview at Pitt too, before I sent the secondary. But it looks like they don't offer any acceptances for Regular MD until Feb.20. I might just wait to schedule it for when I can stay with a student. The letter was hand-signed and quite flattering. It seems like pretty agressive recruiting.•

Yeah I noticed the same thing... he made it clear that he "personally reviewed" these applications.

I did get an email from the MD/PhD program at Pitt offering to set me up with an MD/PhD student, so I can save some money on a hotel.