Interview at University of St. Augustine San Marcos

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by futurePT559, Mar 12, 2018.

1. futurePT559

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Hello,

I recently just got an interview for USA San Marcos campus for April 14th! Does anyone else have an interview for this date or can anyone provide me with how the interview process works for this university? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ptandnomnom

First off, congratulations!!! I know that wait is the worst. It's a pretty relaxed process. They break the entire group up into two groups. One will tour the campus, while the other group interviews with the faculty. There are anywhere between two to four individuals interviewing with a single faculty member. I did not feel like I was deprived of time with my responses. They try and keep it more conversational. It's been a bit over a month, so I don't remember the exact wording of the questions. The faculty all ask different questions, so I would just get several varied experiences that you can tie into PT. Just be yourself and relax as much as you can. Hope this helps.

Interview questions
    - What inspired you to pick PT as career?
    - What about our program do you like in particular?
    - Based on your experience, what about PT would you like to change?
    - Where do you see yourself 10 years out from today?

4. NitsujDPT

DPT / OTD
    It's exactly as ptandnomnom said. Super chill. There is FREE valet parking in the back right of the parking lot so just go there and dont bother looking for parking, itll be packed (unless its not lol). Around 10am (for us) you head in, get your name tag (which tells you which group you're in and who will be interviewing you), go to a large room and go through an introduction of the school, the DPT program director speaks with everybody for awhile, financial aid presentation, etc ec for about 2 hours. and at 12 they divide you into two groups, one tour and one interview. interview group is further divided into smaller groups (for us it was 3 people).

The actual interview was suuuuuuuuper relaxed. My interviewer, Dr. Belleza, put a spin on everybody's question and personalized it. Instead of everybody takings turns to answer "why is USAs program, which utilizes both in class and online aspects, a good fit for you?" he would ask "name a time a professor for an online class made a positive impact on how you learned in that class" and for me he asked the opposite, a negative experience I had and how I would have made it better.

My suggestion is to look through old USA threads like the fall 2017 one and scour through for older questions. feel free to PM me if you have more questions!

ptandnomnom likes this.
  5. futurePT559

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Thanks guys! The information you provided was really helpful. Did anyone of you apply for the flex program or are you both the traditional residential students?

6. ptandnomnom

I just applied to the residential program. I just remembered a little tidbit about the whole interview process. The interviewer will give you time at the end to ask them any questions you may have about the faculty, curriculum, etc. I would think of a few questions that you may have for them. Something that you genuinely are curious about. These profs have seen it all, and they can tell when you are just giving them a generic question you don't care about.

7. futureDPT92

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Hi! So i have received an interview for the Austin summer 2018 flex program on April 14th! Is anyone else attending on this date? I’m a little nervous at how late this interview is hence that the program begins in about a month.