interview at upenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been invited to interview at upenn?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. Hoping with fingers/toes crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
People have been complete there since mid to end of July. I really wouldn't be surprised if they started handing out some invites by the end of this week or early next. Just a prediction but its definitely wishful thinking:thumbup:

Someone said in an earlier thread that last year they started handing out interview invites the 19th or 20th of September. Also, I read some guy's post who said he got a "legacy interview" this year so I guess they've been doing those first.

thanks for the info! seems they went out today!

They went out today? Why am I still undergoing a SERIES OF COMPETITIVE SCREENINGS? I was complete August 4th. They could at least have the decency to tell me I'm on hold....

Not that I'm stressed about this or anything

I feel ya.... I thought I was complete and under review on 8/8 when they received my committee packet. Maybe they didn't start reviewing until they received my PI's letter on the 25th? *hopes that's the case*

:luck: to all the waiters!

They went out today? Why am I still undergoing a SERIES OF COMPETITIVE SCREENINGS? I was complete August 4th. They could at least have the decency to tell me I'm on hold....

Not that I'm stressed about this or anything

i was complete 8/1 and am still going through the "competitive screenings"

i was complete 8/1 and am still going through the "competitive screenings"

complete 7/27 and still... being screened... competitively...

i was complete at the beginning of july (7/10 or sometime around then) and they just got back to me yesterday so if they're going in some sort of order hopefully you all will hear soon.

Think of it this way- if you're still in screening, you haven't been rejected/put on hold yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I've been put on hold now...

You guys are right. I preferred being competitively screened.

Yes I preferred that too. At least "competitive" appeared near my application at one point.

Hang in there -- let's hope for some positive news as the week continues.

Yes I preferred that too. At least "competitive" appeared near my application at one point.

Hang in there -- let's hope for some positive news as the week continues.

hang in there? hope? positive news? WHO ARE YOU!?!?

no more competitive screening here, either. stupid deferred decision.

Me too. Out of the competitiveness and into the limbo :scared:

blah I just checked and I am deferred at Penn also. They must have deferred a huge batch of applicants today.

I am expecting a rejection so I guess I am actually happy about that:laugh:

Do they e-mail you if you are deferred? I just checked my status page and I am under competitive screening like many of you, haha.

Interview. Yesterday. Scheduled for mid Oct.

Under status, does it actually say "under competitive screening" if they're screening you? Mine just says complete, but underneath it says complete applications will undergo competitive screeenings..etc. I submitted mid August.

My page says:

Your application is now in the screening process. Complete applications will go through a series of competitive screenings. Interviews will begin in October and continue into March, 2007. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified via email. The Committee on Admissions will make all final decisions in March, 2007.