Interview at WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princesamariposa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone... just wondering if I could get some advice.... I actually been a major lazy ass and haven't even filled out my secondaries yet, so needless to say, I was quite shocked when I found out that I had an interview offer from WVSOM. It is scheduled for Dec. 4th. Anyone else headed up there around that time? I was also wondering where the nearest airport to Lewisburg would be... I am coming from Florida and so far I've only found flights with >3 stops and total flight times of about 11 hours... Which definitely does not sound fun! Any other information would be great.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey do you go to FSU.... I am at FSU ....I have a interview at WVSOM on 11/20 ...I am flying into D.C. and driving though

Just interviewed at WVSOM this past Wednesday. I too got an email from them before even sending them my LOR. I sent the secondary and my LOR soon after I talked to them. I guess it's completely normal that they send interview requests before secondaries. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Forgot to mention my travel arrangments. I Flew Delta into Roanoke, VA (VCOM is only 45 minutes from Roanoke also). They have 4 or 5 flights in and out of there to either Cleveland or Atlanta every day. I rented a car for only 60 (including under age fee) dollars for the 24 hour period. Check Orbitz or Travelocity. Hope this helps. US Air also flys through there. DON'T FLY INTO LEWISBURG AIRPORT!! WAY too expensive. Hope this helps.

Yeager Airport in Charleston, WV is about an hour drive from Lewisburg.

while the airport in Charleston is the closest, Roanoke is probably a better choice. I think you could get a lot cheaper/shorter flight into Roanoke, and it would only be an extra hour or so drive.
Also, make sure you have your secondary complete and LOR's in before your interview. The director of admissions will go over your file with you, and if everything is in they can make their decision pretty quickly.
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice... One more question about their secondary. Did you guys type all of your answers on their form and then just handwrite the last question like they requested? Just wondering why they specify that the answer is handwritten... And did any of you all send a photo? Just wondering....

I handwrote them all... mainly because I don't have a typewriter and didn't want to take the time to figure out how to do it with my computer. I did send a picture. I had one laying around and figured the whole "putting a face with a name thing" couldn't hurt.