Interview at WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyecon82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have an interview at WMSOM this coming Monday. Can any one that has already interviewed there help me on how to prepare. Thank you. What questions did they ask and ...any other questions....thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

I would read the medical school interview feedback for WVSOM. Most of the questions that I was asked were the same as previous interviewees' feedback. It was a low stress interview and they are just trying to get a sense of your personality. Overall very friendly and relaxing day although it was a bit long with the breakfast at 7:30am .

The medical school interview feedback was a great way for preparing for my other interviews, too.

Best of luck! I was very pleasantly surprised with WVSOM--great facilities and friendly students, faculty, and staff.

where would i find this medical school interview website? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
WstSdDesi

They are right in reffering you to the interview feedback site. I interviwed @ WVSOM on Sept 9th and most of the questions asked of me where on there. To get to the interview feedback, just goto SDN's homepage and there should be a section on the left-hand side of your screen. (I think the link is right under the link for SDN's forums.) After that you are good to go. Also, WVSOM usually has one interviwer that just kind of stares at though the whole interview (He may ask you one question). Don't get unnerved by this though.

Willie B

The interview feedback is a good resource.
WVSOM is VERY interested in producing primary care physicians for rural areas. I have heard this from several sources, including current students offerring me advice when I interviewed there. One of the questions I was asked was 'where I saw myself in ten years?' I emphasized my interest in living in a rural area throughout the interview.
While I'm not encouraging you to fake an interest in primary care or rural medicine, if you have thought about these areas, make sure to bring that out.
Everybody @ WVSOM is super friendly and helpful. Several current students and staff members spontaneously introduced themselves, offerred to answer questions, and wished me luck throughout the day.
Good luck :D

And don't say the reason you got interested in WVSOM in the first place b/c it just happened to be on the list when you were submitting your AACOMAS application. D'OH! Thought I got out of it pretty well, but apparently not (I got a "hold" from them)... doesn't really matter in the end though. :D

I interviewd at WVSOM....its a really nice school. Great facilities...their anatomy lab is almost odorless! The website has great feedback on the types of questions. Stay positive even if they ask you something a little off. I haven't heard from them yet though.

I was the last person they interviewed and I felt it was a little rushed. I worked so hard to get in the "hot seat" and I felt like I should have had more time.

The location is def a sight! People are super friendly and all throughout the day, we had random people come up to us and tell us about the school. One thing to keep in mind, if ur out of state is, that out of state tuition alone is 37,000!

Enjoy the interview!