Interview attire question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BGGA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to SDN, I have enjoyed being a passive reader for about a month but now I need advice so I decided to join. I have a few interviews scheduled for this month, and I'm not sure of the etiquette when it comes to carrying pocketbooks or a holder for any papers that you may bring with you into the interview. For example I have a published article in Nature, and mentioned it in my application. Should I bring a copy in the interview? If so, do I carry it in a folder or a carrying case of some sort. Any suggestions? :idea:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Nature, damn! You could crumple that up in a ball, toss it at them and the would still be impressed.

Or bring a leather portfolio, that would probably be more classy.

**sniff** **sniff**

what is that I smell?

This thread smells rotten to me. Seems like the OP is looking to brag more than they are looking for interview fashion advice....

Members don't see this ad :)
dnelsen said:
**sniff** **sniff**

what is that I smell?

This thread smells rotten to me. Seems like the OP is looking to brag more than they are looking for interview fashion advice....

Hi,

I'm really NOT 'looking to brag'. I'm not the type. I didn't post a link to my MDapplicant profile that showed a 45MCAT and a 4.0 GPA. I really do need advice. I'm getting nervous and I'm stressing and I thought this would be a good forum get help. Can we not make this another thread of bragging acquisitions. I really don't want to get off topic. Thanks

uic1999 said:
Nature, damn! You could crumple that up in a ball, toss it at them and the would still be impressed.

Or bring a leather portfolio, that would probably be more classy.

Any idea of a good one. Something subtle not too corporate but something respectable? Do any store come to mind?

BGGA said:
Hi,

I'm really NOT 'looking to brag'. I'm not the type. I didn't post a link to my MDapplicant profile that showed a 45MCAT and a 4.0 GPA. I really do need advice. I'm getting nervous and I'm stressing and I thought this would be a good forum get help. Can we not make this another thread of bragging acquisitions. I really don't want to get off topic. Thanks

Plain Leather portfolio w/encl--copy of your AMCAS app, secondary, and your nature article. That way, its not in the open, but you have it should your interviewers request to see it.

Best of Luck.

BGGA said:
Hi,

Can we not make this a thread about pointless/meaningless crap that has been rehashed a thousand times?! If you search the forum, I'm sure you would find your answers.

runner1979 said:
Plain Leather portfolio w/encl--copy of your AMCAS app, secondary, and your nature article. That way, its not in the open, but you have it should your interviewers request to see it.

Best of Luck.

Thanks again.

Best of Luck to you too :)