Interview: contacts or glasses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

which is better for the interview?

• contacts

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • glasses

Votes: 30 48.4%

• Total voters

LapisLazuli

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering how ppl feel about this. is it more important to look dashing, or intelligent?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm biased towards contacts... have had them since 6th grade!!!!!!!!! Plus my rx is incredibly horrible, so even with "thin" lenses, they look thick:( So my vote is biased. I'd have to see a picture to really let you know what I think :laugh:

Originally posted by Slickness
Doesn't matter though, I'd still wear my contacts for interviews because I feel more confident since I look better. So I'd go with contacts.

I agree. I think confidence is really important.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever you normally wear and can be relaxed in I'd say.. I can't wear contacts because of my eye disease and I'd like to perhaps talk about that and how I'd have them since like age 2 even though I look much more attractive without them....

I agree with doc kevin... wear whatever you normally wear on a typical day. you don't need another thing to have to think about. just be yourself, nobody is going to give a flying hoot whether or not you wear glasses.

Oh nothing that requires sympathy :) its non-correctable esotropia, so I have lenses with prisms and even though I'm just mildly farsighted, I have to have super thick lenses. Although the technology has made them much much thinner over the years.

If I don't wear them, I can pretty much see but eventually become cross eyed in one eye at a time only. Its embarrasing and weird to say the least, so I'd never consider going in without them.

interesting question... i hand't even considered this yet.

i usually go with contacts when i want to look nice, but sometimes my eyes get sensitive and i blink too much. so i would tend to lean towards my glasses, but i happen to have some of the most stylish glasses ever, and i wonder if they would make me seem more trendy than intelligent.

hmmm...

hunter green suit...oh wait...

This is such an inane question.

Besides, I always look both dashing and intelligent. :D

I would go with the glasses. What if the interviewer is pushing real hard with his pen while he is writing with it, lets go of it, and it goes flying towards your eye?

My glasses make me look like &^%(&*, so I would go for contacts.

wow, all this stress....i'm still haven't sent anything in because i can't decide between white #10 business envelopes and the free brown envelopes from my work. Plus, I'm really worried because I licked some of the stamps. Would adcoms prefer me to use that spongy glue stuff at the post office? Also, do we need to type the address on the envelope? I'm so unsure of myself, I just don't know what to do.

Ill try switching off between glasses and contacts. Try glasses the first school and then glasses the next and so on

maybe even throw in Chemistry goggles somewhere in there

Originally posted by zinjanthropus
wow, all this stress....i'm still haven't sent anything in because i can't decide between white #10 business envelopes and the free brown envelopes from my work. Plus, I'm really worried because I licked some of the stamps. Would adcoms prefer me to use that spongy glue stuff at the post office? Also, do we need to type the address on the envelope? I'm so unsure of myself, I just don't know what to do.

Wow there, Any type of stamps and envelopes will be fine, and it's more of a personal preference.
You want my honest guess? The people who get your envelope and take out the material to file them in your folder are NOT people who will be reviewing your file. They gotta hire people to do stuff like that. Actual admission people are just way too busy to sit around and file thousands of material into file.

So....it doesn't matter too much.

Originally posted by LapisLazuli
i was wondering how ppl feel about this. is it more important to look dashing, or intelligent?

I think Confidence is the most important thing. I personally feel less confident when I have glasses on, because my prescription is like -8.0 or something, which makes the lenses really thick.

When you're confident, you'll handle stressful situation better.

My gf of a year and a half worre glasses in from of me for the first tima and she looked super hot. I think i prefer them now!

or maybe i just want to bang a librarian, i dunno :laugh:

"No Ms.Neddlebaum! I wont have late books again!"

Definitely wear what makes you feel more comfortable. I switch from contacts to glasses on a regular basis.

For me I would go with the contacts. When I wear my hair down (bang is really long) I tend to look even more dorkish than I normally do. The hair looks really odd falling behind the glasses into my eyes. And I don't need any more assistance in the geeky-dorky department.:rolleyes: :D