noflag

2+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey All,

So I've been blessed to have a few interviews already and I've noticed that traveling and missing class / preparing for interviews are not allowing me to focus as much time on my studies as you can imagine. If i am to get accepted this cycle and hopefully before the end of this calendar year. Would it be a major issue if I got a (B / B-) average for my courses this semester? Just don't want to worry thinking schools that accept me will have a problem with that. Thanks!

DokterMom

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2013
Status
Non-Student
No - You'll be fine. Let your professors know well in advance when you'll need to travel (and why) and ask for any assignments you can take with you or exams you can take early. (They'll probably let you take them when you return, but ask for early to show how motivated you are.) Even if your grades do suffer a bit,, you'll have the best possible reason why.

hopeS.O.

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I have the exact same worries. I feel like getting B's in all my classes just makes it seem like I didn't try.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hey All,

So I've been blessed to have a few interviews already and I've noticed that traveling and missing class / preparing for interviews are not allowing me to focus as much time on my studies as you can imagine. If i am to get accepted this cycle and hopefully before the end of this calendar year. Would it be a major issue if I got a (B / B-) average for my courses this semester? Just don't want to worry thinking schools that accept me will have a problem with that. Thanks!
I have the exact same worries. I feel like getting B's in all my classes just makes it seem like I didn't try.
If you get accepted, it won't matter as long as you get a C in each course. If you dont get accepted and you have to reapply, then it might have an impact.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
If you get accepted, it won't matter as long as you get a C in each course. If you dont get accepted and you have to reapply, then it might have an impact.
Some schools have higher expectations than a C average, but I agree that the major negative impact would be if you end up reapplying.