Interview dates for rolling admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxycleop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a Canadian applicant and I will be applying to US med schools (the one's with rolling admissions) this summer as I am taking MCAT in April. My question is: If a person applies as soon as the applications become available (early June)...how soon these schools conduct interviews for these early applicants? Do they have the interviews during the summer JULY/AUGUST or after SEPTEMBER? Does anyone have an idea.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AMCAS the first day I could and most secondaries as soon as I got them (within a day or two). I had my first interview the third week of August, then had several in September, then several more in October/November.

Interviews range typically from September to March. Why would you limit yourself to applying only to rolling schools? Some of the best schools are non-rolling specifically because they are the best schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys! I am not limiting myself to schools with rolling admissions. I am still going to apply to other schools. I was just asking because the schools with rolling admissions probably have the earliest interviews and I wanted to know how early so I can make travel plans.

yeah, some schools are organized enough to have interviews as early as august, but many don't even start interviewing till about sept. or early october.

yeah, some schools are organized enough to have interviews as early as august, but many don't even start interviewing till about sept. or early october.

I am canadian applicant too. Also applied really early. My first interview was at UVM :love: on Sept 12th. I had 5 in Oct, and a bunch in nov/dec which i cancelled.

Anyways, if you submit that early you will get interviews sometime in sept, but majority will be in early Oct till early Nov. I think another benefit of applying early is you find out if you got accepted early also. Once I was accepted to UVM (early nov), I didnt bother going to about 4 other interviews. I loved the school and I wanted to save money :)