1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interview dates for rolling admissions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by foxycleop, Mar 22, 2007.

1. foxycleop

2+ Year Member

Hello All,

I am a Canadian applicant and I will be applying to US med schools (the one's with rolling admissions) this summer as I am taking MCAT in April. My question is: If a person applies as soon as the applications become available (early June)...how soon these schools conduct interviews for these early applicants? Do they have the interviews during the summer JULY/AUGUST or after SEPTEMBER? Does anyone have an idea.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. QuakerPreMed

2+ Year Member

I submitted my AMCAS the first day I could and most secondaries as soon as I got them (within a day or two). I had my first interview the third week of August, then had several in September, then several more in October/November.

4. bbabul01

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Interviews range typically from September to March. Why would you limit yourself to applying only to rolling schools? Some of the best schools are non-rolling specifically because they are the best schools.

5. foxycleop

2+ Year Member

thanks guys! I am not limiting myself to schools with rolling admissions. I am still going to apply to other schools. I was just asking because the schools with rolling admissions probably have the earliest interviews and I wanted to know how early so I can make travel plans.

6. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    yeah, some schools are organized enough to have interviews as early as august, but many don't even start interviewing till about sept. or early october.

7. MadHopsMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am canadian applicant too. Also applied really early. My first interview was at UVM :love: on Sept 12th. I had 5 in Oct, and a bunch in nov/dec which i cancelled.

Anyways, if you submit that early you will get interviews sometime in sept, but majority will be in early Oct till early Nov. I think another benefit of applying early is you find out if you got accepted early also. Once I was accepted to UVM (early nov), I didnt bother going to about 4 other interviews. I loved the school and I wanted to save money :)