Interview Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachdude

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know when interviews dates are given out? Perhaps from January -Feb? Or are they pretty much random and dependent on when applications are received?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It depends if you are early decision(ED) or regular admissions. If you are ED i believe u start interviewing end of July into August. If u are regular admissions interviews occur between Sept through April/May, it really depends on the medical school and their specific deadlines. It is best to the deadlines for each school u are considering applying too. Keeping in mind that the early u get your applications in the better. I hope this info was helpful and good luck with the admissions process. :)

From the applicant's point of view, it's totally random. You need to be able to keep your course or workload at an absolute minimum through the entire academic year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch!

B/C for Ontario medical schools, most of the interviews are held in the month of March, making life much more easier =)

If the interview dates are random, can you request them to be around a certain date say February, when all your midyears are over?

Has anyone had to do this? It just seems odd that if you applied to school across the U.S. that interviews would be pretty random....how do you guys deal with the plane tickets?

Cheers

i'm applying this year and figuring i'm going to get screwed up the wazzo on plane tickets.

i'm sure if you wanted to, you could postpone interviews until a date, say, in february, but remember that most (if not all) of the med schools admit on a rolling basis. the longer you wait, the less seats there are available that you're applying for.

if there's one thing i think everyone would agree on, it's that the earlier you can get things done, the better off you are.

are you guys waiting for mcat scores?

Some schools will be flexible with dates, others will absolutely not be flexible. But from what I experienced at least..flexibility means within the month they want.

thinking ahead I see :) a little too early for interview dates hehe