SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Interview Dates

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Nutella, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2001
    A question for someone who has gone through the application process:

I am living abroad right now, trying to pick up a second language for use in my later career. I want to stay here as long as possible, and plan to complete my secondaries while I am here. I am just concerned about returning to the States for my interviews. Do most schools interview around the same time? Would schools be open to working within a certain time frame? What might be a good time to shoot for a return without knowing my interview status? I would be happy to return home for however long it takes, but would prefer to continue my adventures abroad rather than sitting at home twidling my thumbs waiting for interview dates. Thanks
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    If you'd like to have a rough idea then I suggest visiting and some of the applicants that interviewed have posted their experience along with the date of their application....

Good luck and I hope all is going well....
  4. Dagny

Dagny PGY-1 10+ Year Member

Your interview date depends on when AACOMAS processes your application and you complete your secondaries with letters of recommendation. It also depends on the school. For example, PCOM stopped interviewing in March of this year, while KCOM is still scheduling interviews into July.

My application was processed in July, and I completed secondaries in September. Of the 7 schools I was invited to interview at, the interviews were scheduled in October (2), and November (4). Also, LECOM sent a letter giving one week notice for an interview in early January. Schools allow you to reschedule to another date, but my choices were around the date they already assigned me. Perhaps if I insisted on a later interview, they would have allowed it.

I found that most osteopathic schools interview earlier than allopathic schools. Knowing what I do now, I would return during October and November for most osteopathic schools, assuming you complete your secondaries around the time I did.