Interview Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IzzyMarieDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure that this has been asked before but....
When a med school grants you an interview do they just tell you when to come in or do you get to pick a date? I'm asking because a professor that I am going to have next fall is rumored to be really bad about not excusing people from class and exams to go to interviews. Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

It can be all of the above. Some schools say that you can pick between a couple different dates, some schools want you to come to an assigned date (but you can probably ask them to switch it up for other conflicts) and some schools let you pick your own date.

Hey guys I'm sure that this has been asked before but....
When a med school grants you an interview do they just tell you when to come in or do you get to pick a date? I'm asking because a professor that I am going to have next fall is rumored to be really bad about not excusing people from class and exams to go to interviews. Thanks in advance :)

Don't tell him you are leaving for an interview. I never did with mine because you never know if PhDs have some sort of vendetta against pre-meds (some do). Say you have personal business to attend.