1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview day

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by doughboy, Nov 1, 2001.

1. doughboy

doughboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone have any info on what an interview day usually consists of? Also I was wondering do people fly out the night before and then fly back that evening? Plus, where do you keep your luggage and stuff when you get kicked out of your hotel and you're at the interview? Do you bring your stuff to the program? Is that okay? Thanks for the advice.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Soupbone

Soupbone Member
    Physician 15+ Year Member

Here is a cut and paste with interview info..

"We have received your application for First Year Post-Graduate Trainee in the Categorical Medicine Residency Program for July 1, 2002, and are pleased to invite you to join us at ***** Hospital for an orientation about our program and a personal interview.

The orientation program begins with Medical Grand Rounds at 11:30 A.M. in the Cronin 10 Auditorium. A buffet lunch will be served at 1:00 P.M. at which time *****, Program Director and the Chief Residents will meet with you. Interviews with our faculty will be held from 2:30 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. **** Residents will also be available to discuss our program and provide you with a tour of the medical center facilities."

As for flying in, I am planning to cluster all of my interviews (its still going to be expensive). As for your luggage, if you stay at a reputable hotel, the bell station should be able to hold your luggage after you check out.

Soupbone

4. WSU02

WSU02 Member
    10+ Year Member

Many of the interviews I've set up have an optional gathering the night before. All of my interviews start in the am.

I had my 1st one yesterday, I was at the hospital from 8 am to 1:30 pm. No gathering beforehand. Since it was a local interview, I didn't need to worry about traveling.

I have some out of town ones, mostly in January (my off month). Many of those are paying for a night's stay in a hotel. Several are hosting gatherings or paying for a dinner at a local restaurant with a current resident. I'm driving to all but 2 of mine, since most are within a 5 hour drive. The 2 that I'm flying to are 9 hours of driving...just ain't gonna happen.
    Kristi