phillymoris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Status
Hi guys
I recieved a e mail from University of michigan,regarding the feed back for the interview date.Has any body else also got that e mail.If so what have you decided.I am confused since i am a bit out of touch with the clinical subjects,and they will have a wrriten exam.And offcourse no idea what they will ask in the practical exam. If any body in the same situation please reply.
thanks

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
phillymoris said:
Hi guys
I recieved a e mail from University of michigan,regarding the feed back for the interview date.Has any body else also got that e mail.If so what have you decided.I am confused since i am a bit out of touch with the clinical subjects,and they will have a wrriten exam.And offcourse no idea what they will ask in the practical exam. If any body in the same situation please reply.
thanks

hi,
i too received the same email. i too am confused as to nobody knows what they ask in practical and written exam.

OP
P

phillymoris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Status
hi Robot 123
nice to see that i have a company here.Did you try and call them today to find out about the exam.I opened my e mail a bit late and by the time only anserwing machine was available in there office.Do not know if they will be open on saturday.I will try calling them tomorrow. Please do let me know what you decide in 48 hours limit.
thanks

About the Ads

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
phillymoris said:
hi Robot 123
nice to see that i have a company here.Did you try and call them today to find out about the exam.I opened my e mail a bit late and by the time only anserwing machine was available in there office.Do not know if they will be open on saturday.I will try calling them tomorrow. Please do let me know what you decide in 48 hours limit.
thanks
hey phillymoris,
they had asked to respond by email,so i responded by email. i didn't try calling them. i'm pretty sure that they meant 48hrs of working days. you email them by tomorrow so that they receive your email by monday. i think that should be okay. i suggest you to make sure to reply back.
good luck

aniravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Robot123 said:
hey phillymoris,
they had asked to respond by email,so i responded by email. i didn't try calling them. i'm pretty sure that they meant 48hrs of working days. you email them by tomorrow so that they receive your email by monday. i think that should be okay. i suggest you to make sure to reply back.
good luck
Hi guys ,
i got the email too .replied back ..have any of u got further response from them iam still waiting too.
pls do share how u plan to prepare for the same ....

all the best to u all

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hello guys,

Me too got the same email..Even I don't have any idea abt the practical and written exams they have..All they said is they will be in touch with me very soon! I hope that they let us know abt it soon..

i beleive

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2004
canada
Status
aniravi said:
Hi guys ,
i got the email too .replied back ..have any of u got further response from them iam still waiting too.
pls do share how u plan to prepare for the same ....

all the best to u all
cud u guys tell me that what all your scores were.actually i got 86 and really want to know if anybody with these scores get admission anywhere .kindly tell me
thanks.

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
hey dental doc and aniravi,
can you guys tell us which for which dates has michigan asked for in the feedback. they asked me about 28th feb and 1st march. were you guys asked for same dates or different ones?

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Robot123 said:
can you guys tell us which for which dates has michigan asked for in the feedback. they asked me about 28th feb and 1st march. were you guys asked for same dates or different ones?
Hi Robot,
Yes they asked me for the same date too..Are you goning for the intervierw in the same date?

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
hi dentaldoc,

ya, i have said yes to them but they still have to officially call us for the interview.

dentaldoc said:
Hi Robot,
Yes they asked me for the same date too..Are you goning for the intervierw in the same date?

toothie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
Status
deepawadhawan said:
cud u guys tell me that what all your scores were.actually i got 86 and really want to know if anybody with these scores get admission anywhere .kindly tell me
thanks.
hi.. congratulations on ure score.
well u could defiantely try in NYU , upenn and all west coast colleges.
BU says 85 min so u could definately apply but they usually take canidates with scores above 90 .
tufts takes above 90 only .prefers.. above 90 in each subject.
hope this helps
toothie

About the Ads

aniravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Robot123 said:
Hi robot123,
the dates were same 28 feb and 1 march ...hoping for best .i cleared my part 2 with 80 ,part 1 score is 85, toefl 273 CBT,GPA 3.2.pls do let us all know if u come to know more abt the interview...best o fluck to us all !!!

Ann 03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status
toothie said:
hi.. congratulations on ure score.
well u could defiantely try in NYU , upenn and all west coast colleges.
BU says 85 min so u could definately apply but they usually take canidates with scores above 90 .
tufts takes above 90 only .prefers.. above 90 in each subject.
hope this helps
toothie
i know poeple in tufts with less than 90. u can never predict wht the school wants or see in a candidate.

toothie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
Status
Ann 03 said:
i know poeple in tufts with less than 90. u can never predict wht the school wants or see in a candidate.
thanks.... for the clarification.... i was just stating what i read at the tufts website..!!!

Sharat chandra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2004
Status
aniravi said:
Hi robot123,
the dates were same 28 feb and 1 march ...hoping for best .i cleared my part 2 with 80 ,part 1 score is 85, toefl 273 CBT,GPA 3.2.pls do let us all know if u come to know more abt the interview...best o fluck to us all !!!

hello every body,
first of all congrats for getting an interview call from such a good uni, i have also applied to the same in the first week of FEB, still waiting for the interview call mail, hope I get it soon and get a chance to meet you all.

:laugh:

Sharat chandra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2004
Status
i recentl yapplied to michigan too in the second week of feb, my score are part 1 88, toe-- 283, GPA -- 3.61, hoping to get an inerview call. :confused:

aniravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
resagoyal said:
can all of u plz tell me when u people have applied for the program
sorry resa for replying this late .i applied for the program in late jan ... the deadline for applying is feb 15th. u still have time to apply if ur interested...

W

walktooth

aniravi said:
sorry resa for replying this late .i applied for the program in late jan ... the deadline for applying is feb 15th. u still have time to apply if ur interested...
u have recieved by e mailor by mail
wht r ur stats
pplz tell me

dentistplease

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
Hi all,

I got the feedback interview and I had replied back saying that I was interested and got a reply back that they are trying to finalize everything and will inform me about the practical and the written exam in a couple of days.
I havent heard anything from them after that.Did you guys get anything?

thanks

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
dentistplease said:
Hi all,

I got the feedback interview and I had replied back saying that I was interested and got a reply back that they are trying to finalize everything and will inform me about the practical and the written exam in a couple of days.
I havent heard anything from them after that.Did you guys get anything?

thanks

Hi dentistplease,

I guess nobody has heard from them after the feedback mail . I think they will start responding after the deadline.

About the Ads

aniravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
iit was an email ...stats not too great part 1 85,part 2 80, gpa 3.2 toefl..273

manik khisti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
Status
hi guys,
i m bit new to the forum. i got 83 in part 1 , toefl 247, gpa not yet evaluated. can u plz tell me that shd apply to schools or retake part 1.i m really confused.
i will really appreciate ur help.
thanks
manik

trv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2005
Status
manik khisti said:
hi guys,
i m bit new to the forum. i got 83 in part 1 , toefl 247, gpa not yet evaluated. can u plz tell me that shd apply to schools or retake part 1.i m really confused.
i will really appreciate ur help.
thanks
manik
Retake Part 1, also retakeTOEFL 250 is the minimum requirement for schools like BU.

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
Hi guys,

I just got an email from michigan confirming my interview date.anybody else received the same?

aniravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Robot123 said:
Hi guys,

I just got an email from michigan confirming my interview date.anybody else received the same?
hi robot123,
i have nt yet received the confirmation email ...waiting for the same .do let us know how u plan to prepare for the written /bench test..pls do advise if i shld send them my part 2 score i cleared it with 80 ...pls do let me know ur stats too if u dont mind
bye, best of luck !! :luck:

Ragini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
aniravi said:
hi robot123,
i have nt yet received the confirmation email ...waiting for the same .do let us know how u plan to prepare for the written /bench test..pls do advise if i shld send them my part 2 score i cleared it with 80 ...pls do let me know ur stats too if u dont mind
bye, best of luck !! :luck:
hi ani, u shd definitely send ur part-2 scores cuz when i got interviewed in nyu they told me that they prefer candidate with both part1&2 over the one with just part1

aniravi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
Ragini said:
hi ani, u shd definitely send ur part-2 scores cuz when i got interviewed in nyu they told me that they prefer candidate with both part1&2 over the one with just part1
hi ragini,
thanx for the prompt reply !!will send them asap i think latest by monday!
bye,...anita :luck:

Nolls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Cleveland
Visit site
Status
Hi Friends

I just got a mail from Umich, the confirmed interview call for 28th feb and 1st march. Everybody, just check your e mail, You'll must have got it too.

Its a 2 day interview, with so many many things,... for the bench test, they have amalgam, composites, full and partial crowns, access cavity preps for RCTs , they have not even specified any tooth number (like pittsburgh)

Clinical exam, its going to case discussions.

Gosh!! its so much to prepare for!!!

About the Ads

Ragini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Nolls said:
Hi Friends

I just got a mail from Umich, the confirmed interview call for 28th feb and 1st march. Everybody, just check your e mail, You'll must have got it too.

Its a 2 day interview, with so many many things,... for the bench test, they have amalgam, composites, full and partial crowns, access cavity preps for RCTs , they have not even specified any tooth number (like pittsburgh)

hi Nolls, good luck for the interview. did u also get the feedback mail like others b4 or u just got the confirmation call only?

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Nolls said:
Hi Friends

Hi Nolls,

I didn't get the confirmation Email yet :( ..I just got the interview feed back email...Can u pls copy paste the format for written and practical exam?

Thanks!

Nolls

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Cleveland
Visit site
Status
Hi

Hey, Ragini ..how are you? Yes, I definetly need the luck, thanks.
I got the feedback mail first and hten now I got the confirmation mail.

Dental doc, give me your email Id I will forward the mail to you so you can take a look at the attachments.

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
Ragini said:
hey good luck, when is ur interview?

Hey thanks Ragini, the interview is on 28th feb and 1st march. i think they have just started sending interview calls and everybody will be getting it in a couple of days.
good luck to you too.

Ragini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Robot123 said:
Hey thanks Ragini, the interview is on 28th feb and 1st march. i think they have just started sending interview calls and everybody will be getting it in a couple of days.
good luck to you too.
Hi Robot, I applied late. donno if they gonna call me or not:( Thanks anyway.
did they ask u to send $250 prior to arriving for the test?

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
Ragini said:
Hi Robot, I applied late. donno if they gonna call me or not:( Thanks anyway.
did they ask u to send $250 prior to arriving for the test?

Hi Ragini,

They will surely call you because they have just started the process and it
will take a couple of days.
no they didn't ask for the fees for the test yet.

Ragini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Robot123 said:
Hi Ragini,

They will surely call you because they have just started the process and it
will take a couple of days.
no they didn't ask for the fees for the test yet.
Thanks Robot for ur prompt reply. Have u started preparing for the test? I dint take part-2 yet. wat r u studying for the written part. somebody mentioned that they gonna ask for the clinical cases. when i went for ucla interview &test it was all basic ques. from part-2(i still dint do well) and there was nothing from pharma and o.s. R u gonna study the decks or asda exams cuz we dont have enough time left.

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
Ragini said:
Thanks Robot for ur prompt reply. Have u started preparing for the test? I dint take part-2 yet. wat r u studying for the written part. somebody mentioned that they gonna ask for the clinical cases. when i went for ucla interview &test it was all basic ques. from part-2(i still dint do well) and there was nothing from pharma and o.s. R u gonna study the decks or asda exams cuz we dont have enough time left.
Hey Ragini,

I am myself confused about what to do and what to study in such a short time. i have also not taken part-2 yet. i think i'll do the decks. i'm quite short of time as i have my NYU interview also on 24th.

good luck and please let me know what do you decide to do.

Ragini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2004
NYC
Visit site
Status
Robot123 said:
Hey Ragini,

I am myself confused about what to do and what to study in such a short time. i have also not taken part-2 yet. i think i'll do the decks. i'm quite short of time as i have my NYU interview also on 24th.

good luck and please let me know what do you decide to do.
Hi Robot, I dont have any part-2 material yet. m trying to get the decks cuz i don wanna go blank this time if i get the interview call.
Goodluck :luck: with ur nyu interview.

Dentaldoc goodluck to u too for nyu interview.

Sharat chandra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2004
Status
Hey guys ,

looks like the list is starting to become longer, i got the interview cal too, for the same dates , 28th and 1st. i did reply , no confirmation as yet. HOw many can they manage in in two days. has any one who has got a confirmation have an idea of the accomomodation. i mean , is it included in the 250$ fee? hope to meet you all at ann arbor.
good luck

OP
P

phillymoris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Status
hi Ragini ,
The Interview at Upenn was good.They ask about your life and you.I liked it very much. The school is very good and the best part is every body seems to be so happy in that program.It would be my first choice if i get into.But right now it is the interview at the Univ of michigan which is killing me.I will start studying from today. The written test seems to be so extensive. About the practical also they have not mentioned any tooh specifically. Seriously i do not know what i will do there.How about you.

trv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2005
Status
phillymoris said:
hi Ragini ,
The Interview at Upenn was good.They ask about your life and you.I liked it very much. The school is very good and the best part is every body seems to be so happy in that program.It would be my first choice if i get into.But right now it is the interview at the Univ of michigan which is killing me.I will start studying from today. The written test seems to be so extensive. About the practical also they have not mentioned any tooh specifically. Seriously i do not know what i will do there.How about you.
phillymoris:

Did you get Interview Confirmation e-mail from Michigan???

Thanks,
TRV

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
Sharat chandra said:
Hey guys ,

looks like the list is starting to become longer, i got the interview cal too, for the same dates , 28th and 1st. i did reply , no confirmation as yet. HOw many can they manage in in two days. has any one who has got a confirmation have an idea of the accomomodation. i mean , is it included in the 250$ fee? hope to meet you all at ann arbor.
good luck
Hey Sharat,

Have they asked you for the fees? I didn't get anything from them regarding the fees.

thanks
good luck

toothfairy78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Status
:scared: hi guys i go the same email as well.how are youll planning ot prepare for the crown cutting&access preps.they have not even given any tooth numbers.it can full or partial?i have never done any proper crown cutting before.do u have a typodont at home wiht compressor?any ideas?ihaveno idea how i am going to do this!!!!!!! :confused: :eek:

DentalSupremo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
Sharat chandra said:
Hey guys ,

good luck
The $250 is the fees for the exam. You will have to make your own arrangements as far as accomdation is concerned.

Robot123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2004
Status
DentalSupremo said:
The $250 is the fees for the exam. You will have to make your own arrangements as far as accomdation is concerned.
Hi DentalSupremo,

Have they asked about the $250 fee in the interview call or you have seen it from their website?

thanks and good luck

About the Ads