Interview Feedback- Red Flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Kermit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just looking on the Interview Feedback website at NY Med. This question applies to any med school, but what do people mean by red flag questions? I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I'm prone just to answer any question interviewers ask.

Members don't see this ad.

New York Med refers to anything potentially negative on your application as red flags. At your interview they'll ask you about red flags because they have a closed file interview and don't know your stats. They want to know about a bad grade, low MCAT subscore, or anything else so when they present your file to the committee, they can defend you and your red flag. I hope this helps.

oh, okay... see, gw was blind and i never really brought up the one C+ on my transcript (which happens to be the first grade on my transcript!) and the 7 point difference in my two mcat scores. have u had an interview there and should i bring up? thanks so much :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got interviewed there last year. I would definitely bring it up. And don't worry about possibly forgetting about it either...they WILL ask you about red flags - it's their protocol

one more question gemendese... sorry to bombard you! what kind of factors of your application do they consider red flags besides C's and low mcats? are B-'s considered red flags. sorry, this is the first time i ever heard of it!

No, I don't think a B- is a red flag. Whatever you think REALLY stands out on your application (e.g., bad semester, low MCAT subscore, year off of school that's questionable, etc.), you should mention. Don't worry, my friend...the interview there is painless.