interview follow-up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

md-student

Hope everyone is doing well...

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on follow-up. All the places I've interviewed had sent some form of thanks/interest immediately following the interview either through snail-mail or e-mail. All have said they keep in touch with applicants at the end of the interview season. I sent immediate thank you letters expressing my interest. Have any of you started to hear back from places? If I have 3-4 places I really like, should I contact them and express my interest or should I wait until they get back in touch with me like they say they will? I've been told not to be too aggressive...but at the same time, I don't want to be too passive either. What's appropriate?

Thanks for reading this...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I will like to know if the programs that send you letters were from NY. I received letters saying the same. May be they sent that to all interviewers.

No, none of the programs are in NY.

I've heard back from most at this point. It seems that in the last two weeks, everyone has been contacting applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't heard back from any programs--should i be worried?
anyone hear from stanford? i dont know if they send out letters expressing their interest in you or not......hmmmmmmm

Anaismd....I wouldn't worry too much about it. From what I've been told, it really varies program to program. For example, Pitt told me at the interview that they generally do not contact anyone after the interview, but are happy to talk to applicants if they contact them. And I have not heard from them.

Other places told me that they generally get in touch with applicants in late Jan, early Feb. And those have been the ones I've heard back from. They've all been consistent with what they told me at the interview about following up...

Anaismd-
Just to let you know, I got a phone call from Stanford this week. They said that they were just starting to contact applicants ranked high on their list. Did you meet the PD at Stanford?

MBK2003

thanks mbk for letting me know.
i didnt meet with the pd dr. taylor but met with
dr. safer the assistant pd.....

congrats on the call!i'm really happy for you...
maybe they'll call me too but since its tuesday evening already and i figure it cant take more than a couple of days to call 15-20 people at most, they probably won't :(

*sigh*

Has anyone heard from UCLA?!

ebamato,

the coordinator specifically said that ucla does not do post-interview follow-up with any of the candidates. you can however, contact them and let them know that you're interested if you want to, but i got the impression it doesnt make much of a difference. hope this helps....