Interview hairstyles? (Black Males)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daxlo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically i'm a black male who's rocking an afro fade right now, and i'm thinking about cutting my hair a little bit for my interview friday (It's at an HBCU if that matters). I want to cut it down to something like the picture below (minus the beard). Do you guys still think this falls under the realm of professionalism?

15-Blended-Afro-Style.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Basically i'm a black male who's rocking an afro fade right now, and i'm thinking about cutting my hair a little bit for my interview friday (It's at an HBCU if that matters). I want to cut it down to something like the picture below (minus the beard). Do you guys still think this falls under the realm of professionalism?

Wavey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not professional

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your mileage may vary with adcoms but I'm an old conservative guy and I see nothing wrong with the pic provided.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure whether it's "professional", but that is a clean cut.

Your mileage may vary with adcoms but I'm an old conservative guy and I see nothing wrong with the pic provided.
Based on your picture I thought you were a Libertarian

Fine by me.

Based on your picture I thought you were a Libertarian
Govt wise? Libertarian all day...

Personal opinion of behavior and how to approach minimizing risk maximizing success in life as you are trying to get ahead and feed the family? Pretty ridiculously conservative.

Cut your hair, hide the tattoos, properly fitted pants, shined shoes, pressed shirt, color choices not too daring, drive the route the day before so know you can find it, be there an hour early so you can walk in the door 15min early, ma'am/sir to everyone, give up your seat to the ladies, open doors etc

Reactions: 5 users
100% OK!

Reactions: 2 users
ENT-Feature-Allen-Maldonado_IMG-5.jpg
ENT-Allen-Maldonado_IMG-1.jpg

@gyngyn sorry to hijack this thread but would a style like the one above be fine for med interviews (minus the designs on the sides)?

Haha sorry, meant the hair.

Thank you to you both!:)