daxlo

2+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2016
Basically i'm a black male who's rocking an afro fade right now, and i'm thinking about cutting my hair a little bit for my interview friday (It's at an HBCU if that matters). I want to cut it down to something like the picture below (minus the beard). Do you guys still think this falls under the realm of professionalism?

TripleHBK

5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Basically i'm a black male who's rocking an afro fade right now, and i'm thinking about cutting my hair a little bit for my interview friday (It's at an HBCU if that matters). I want to cut it down to something like the picture below (minus the beard). Do you guys still think this falls under the realm of professionalism?

Wavey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWillMakeIt1

2+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

not professional

Reactions: Max98
About the Ads

Govols22

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I'm not sure whether it's "professional", but that is a clean cut.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal

Fine by me.

Reactions: gyngyn

sb247

Doer of things
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Galt's Gulch
forums.studentdoctor.net
Based on your picture I thought you were a Libertarian
Govt wise? Libertarian all day...

Personal opinion of behavior and how to approach minimizing risk maximizing success in life as you are trying to get ahead and feed the family? Pretty ridiculously conservative.

Cut your hair, hide the tattoos, properly fitted pants, shined shoes, pressed shirt, color choices not too daring, drive the route the day before so know you can find it, be there an hour early so you can walk in the door 15min early, ma'am/sir to everyone, give up your seat to the ladies, open doors etc

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
100% OK!

mistafab

2+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2015
Status
Medical Student
The hairstyle provided is perfectly clean and acceptable.

Reactions: gyngyn

dpmd

Relaxing
10+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2006
Lazytown
Status
Attending Physician
Professional enough, but personally I dislike the straight lines at the hairline and prefer a more natural hairline (but that is just a style preference)

mbio2015

5+ Year Member
May 26, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
ENT-Feature-Allen-Maldonado_IMG-5.jpg ENT-Allen-Maldonado_IMG-1.jpg

@gyngyn sorry to hijack this thread but would a style like the one above be fine for med interviews (minus the designs on the sides)?

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
Attending Physician
Jun 12, 2014
About the Ads