interview hold and letter of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tport

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been put on interview hold at a great school and I'm thinking of sending a letter of intent/interest (I know they're different, but whichever it is called) to the school to try to improve my chances of getting an interview. I'm going to wait until after the holidays, and want my letter to be short and to the point, but what exactly should the "point" be? I know some people aren't a fan of sending them, but IF you thought it'd be helpful, what would the letter look like? Any samples I could find somewhere? I don't want to send it without being positive it is well-written and worthwhile. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just a heads up, but some schools will re-evaluate your entire application if you send a letter of interest pre-interview, so it's not always useless! As for actual content, just give your reasons for being interested in that school and updated information on your current activities. That's all there is to it.