Interview hopes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abraham67

DEARMDPLZ
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it time to start giving up on hoping for an interview during this cycle?
I've had one MD interview this cycle and have still heard nothing from 10+ schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it time to start giving up on hoping for an interview during this cycle?
I've had one MD interview this cycle and have still heard nothing from 10+ schools.
Give up? No
Make back-up plans? Yes

Some schools (Ohio State for one) give out some acceptances as they go but save some interviews and spots for March (e.g. not interviewing for the wait-list). Other schools are pretty much done for interviews and/or acceptances (Texas schools, UMich). Check specific school threads to find out.

At this point, you may still get a spot, get wait-listed or not have any interviews.

Probably best to get Plan B and Plan C activated. Decide whether or not you'll apply again right away or wait. Look to @gonnif for posts about not applying again too soon/right away. Develop a plan to address weaknesses. If you've received actual rejections you can try calling schools to ask for feedback. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Most schools are done sending invites. Those that are still sending them are on their very last passes through the app stack. I'd be preparing for round 2 !

Reactions: 1 user
I would say by the end of the month you're probably not going to get any other IIs but in the meantime you can call schools and let them know you're interested, send updates, etc. that being said, look to what your weaknesses are in your application fix them and figure out what your plan B is for the 2017-18 cycle

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile