Interview in TUCOM-MI for February???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twixie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called up TUCOM-MI to schedule an interview, and the earliest they have for me is not until February. Is that normal for TUCOM? That's about two months of wait, and it scares me because I'm thinking that by then, there's not going to be enough seats left. It's sad because it's my first choice. I'm just wondering if they schedule people based on how much they like their applications or just the normal rolling admissions. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is just normal rolling admissions, with regards to offering an interview. I was told during the interview that they had a 20% increase in applications from last year, for around 4000+ primarys. It is true that a lot of the seats are taken by feb., however, if you ask Dr. Haight he will honestly tell you how many seats are left prior to the interview giving you an idea where you stand. Best of Luck! And just rock the interview. Keep improving your app. until the interview as well.

Don't sweat it. Last year I interviewed in March and got straight in. Dr. Haight believes in putting together the best class possible, and not filling the seats available quickly. He'll tell you that himself. Probably in Feb. he'll theoreticaly have enough seats to accept everyone in your group. Realistically of course, you have to expect them to take a smaller percentage the later it gets in the process. But take solace in the fact that you won't be interviewing for a wait list spot. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
how long after you sent your secondary and were completed were you notified of your interview?

im waiting anxiously for a respone from TUCOM...

thanks!

twixie said:
I just called up TUCOM-MI to schedule an interview, and the earliest they have for me is not until February. Is that normal for TUCOM? That's about two months of wait, and it scares me because I'm thinking that by then, there's not going to be enough seats left. It's sad because it's my first choice. I'm just wondering if they schedule people based on how much they like their applications or just the normal rolling admissions. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

From personal experience, I got an invite for an interview mid september and called and ended up interviewing on halloween, so you are probably in a normal position considering the upcoming holidays. I sent in my aacomas stuff in july though and heard back from them in early september with a secondary I believe. Also, at the interview, Dr. Haight does let you know what you are looking at in terms of being accepted (# of seats left). On a positive note, you will know your results quite quickly, I think we found out on Nov. 18, but normally its two weeks. Also, be prepared to put down a 2K deposit within 2 weeks if you are accepted. Good luck!

bnoosha said:
how long after you sent your secondary and were completed were you notified of your interview?

im waiting anxiously for a respone from TUCOM...

thanks!

I was notified literally the day AFTER they got my secondary that I was to be invited for an interview. Wow.

yeah i got my invite in late october early november i think and i wont get to interview til january. they said that there have been many holidays so there are been less interview dates in these months than others.

Hang in there... i interviewed in April, and was accepted when the committee met the next week. The further I got into the interview process, the more I realized that all my stressing and worrying didn't make any difference, and that I was going to end up wherever I was meant to be. This too, shall pass. Maybe this won't help... but hopefully you can get your mellow on and relax a little!

Touro interviews until they find the right students for their class... if they've invited you, they're interested. In the meanwhile, you may have other interviews... opportunities to become a stronger interviewee and sharpen your performance at your Touro interview!

:luck: Best of Luck!!! :luck:

MasterShakeDO said:
Probably in Feb. he'll theoreticaly have enough seats to accept everyone in your group. Realistically of course, you have to expect them to take a smaller percentage the later it gets in the process. But take solace in the fact that you won't be interviewing for a wait list spot. Good luck!

Not to be a downer, but this probably isn't really the case. I interviewed last week, and he told our group that we were one of the last groups that he would be able to tell the committee they could accept everyone. He said they usually start rationing seats around winter break.

to the OP: I would recommend emailing him before your interview. he'll be able to tell you how many seats are going to be available for your interview group.