Interview Invite - call or letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PalCareGrl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if people could comment on how they have been contacted to interview at the various schools, I'm sure all of us applicants would like to know whether we should be sitting by the phone or mailbox. :) Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

PCG-

You seem to be in the same boat as me... impatiently waiting to hear something... :)

Good luck to you!

-A

Western University - Telephone
TUCOM - Letter asking you to call to set up date
CCOM - Telephone
Des Moines - Letter
NSU-COM - Letter
UHS-COM - Letter
KCOM - Telephone
LECOM - Letter

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview invite from North Texas was phoned in.

Hi, I got a call from NOVA today telling me that they'd like to interview me and that I would be getting further info in the mail, but they gave me the date, etc.. so that I could get a head start on travel arrangements!! I am SO excited right now, as this is my first interview!!! YIPPIE!!! All of you out there still working on secondaries - just think that soon you'll be done and waiting for interviews too (not long ago I was buried under a pile of secondaries too!!). Best of luck to everyone!! Oh- has anyone else heard from NOVA yet (or UNECOM)??? :D :D

Congratulations PalCareGrl! I wish the best of luck to you on your interview!

Congratulations on your achievement! I wish you the best of luck also. :D

yep, i got the interview call from nova too? thats two!! west virginia and nova both called, that is strange, but hey, if thats how they re doing it, then from my point of view, let the calls keep coming!! good luck everyone!!

I, too, received a phone call requesting an interview with NOVA.

Originally posted by johndean11229:
•yep, i got the interview call from nova too? thats two!! west virginia and nova both called, that is strange, but hey, if thats how they re doing it, then from my point of view, let the calls keep coming!! good luck everyone!!•

JohnDean, did WVSOM send you a secondary before they called? I read in another post of yours that they only send out the secondary if you get an interview but I'm just curious about the order in which you receive the secondary and invitation for interview.

THanks

i got the secondary after i was called for the interview. they sent it to me and i have to bring it along with my money to the school the day of my interview....i hope that answers the question..

Hi, I got a letter from AZCOM today... so they're all starting to come in. Best of luck to everyone! :D

Congrats PalCareGirl!! I am so psyched too! I also got an invite to AZCOM. Good luck. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
hey palcaregrl, i think we re gonna meet each other a lot....hahah...i got the leeter from arizona too today.....its crazy, i have to go to arizona on the 21st, my birthday!!!, then i got nova on the 24th...and i m from ny, so thats gonna be tons of traveling!! maybe we ll see eachother....haha...take care...good luck!!

Hey PalCareGrl, I was just wondering how long it took AZCOM to notify you after receiving your supplemental app.

Wasabi, my app file was complete on August 13th, and I received my invite yesterday 8/30. Be on the lookout if your file was completed early. Good Luck!

Wasabi- I got a postcard that my applications was complete on 8/10 and I just got the interview letter yesterday (8/30).

JohnDean- I am doing the EXACT same thing! AZ on the 21st and NOVA on the 24th... how are you doing with airfare? I'm trying to get all of that straightened out right now! Can't wait to see ya!

Best of luck to everyone!!! :D

hey palcaregrl, i just finished with airfare, staying at sleep inn on thurs night, gonna get there early so i can check out phoenix, then on for nova, staying at rollin hills, taking jet blue....i totaled it up for one day and so far two interviews are costing me about 700 bucks!!! yes !!1 hahaha...

Hey Johndean - when are you getting to AZ? I'm also flying in on Thursday (get there about 10:30am I think) and was planning on renting a car and checking out the area.... maybe we could meet up or something. I have yet to finalize my travel arrangements but what do you think? :)

I got a phone call for an interview this afternoon from AZCOM and I haven't even received a "your file is complete" postcard. I sent my secondary application in on August 15.
They asked me to come on Sept. 20, but I see all of you guys are going on the 21, so I think I will call back and double check.
Has there ever been any cases of fraudulent interview phone calls?

Hey tweetypie, congrats. When did you send the UHS secondary? And were all your letters there? Did AACOMAS send your MCAT results? (They didn't send mine and I took the April MCAT :mad: )

thanks for that. I'm releived... I'm looking forward to hearing from UHS-COM over the next few weeks. Sent the sec' off about a week ago. :)

Hello,
Is anyone who is going to NOVA on 9/24 renting a car? (or anyone who has interviewed there in the past)? Just wondering... THanks!

Just received an interview from DMU today. I am so happy!! I've never been to Des Moines but I am excited to be there. :D

MedPuck: Can you tell us when your file was complete at DMU? Did they call or write?

Congrats MedPuck and Tweety! The interview season is upon us (I'm excited now but will probably be a little nervous by the interview). Best of luck to everyone!!! :D

Yesterday I received an invite to UHS for an interview(9/17). It seems that those who had their files completed by mid-august are getting first round interviews. Good luck to all.

My file was complete at DMU somewhere between Aug. 13-17 (I can't remember the exact date). The invite was in letter form. Hope to see some of you there! :cool:

hey palcaregirl, i arrive in arizona at about 10am on thurs, so def, that would be cool if we could meet up, we ll talk more as it gets closer....

Hmm. Last Thursday I received 2 voice mail messages from AZCOM concerning my application. The application was completed around last Tuesday, so I'm guessing that it's kinda too early for an interview invite? Yes? No?

I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for now. :D

Wow!!! Good news! AZCOM received my recommendations last Tuesday and they reviewed my application on the very same day!

I set for an interview around early October!
Wish me luck! :D

Congratulations Wasabi!!! I'm so happy for you! :)

I also received UNECOM's invitation to interview today, but I had to reschedule for October because I don't think I could handle three interviews in four days (plus my plane tickets are non-refundable).

Also, I got a letter in the mail today from LECOM about interviewing in early October... so I'm happy to say that I'll be making a trip up to PA soon too.

Congratulations to all who are interviewing, and for those of you still waiting to hear - they're coming!!! :D :D

Congrats and Good Luck Wasabi! I'll let you know how it goes before you go in early October.

Hey johndean11229 and PalCareGrl, congrats on your interviews at both schools. I am partial to Nova for obvious reasons. It is an awesome school.

I interviewed at other schools and Nova was by far one of the nicest schools. The school environment is really laid back and not competative at all (we have had two exams already and everyone is still helping each other out...its really cool that way).

South FLA is amazing. While you are here interviewing make sure you get to see Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. You will simply fall in love with the area.

Good luck and welcome!!

beakerbetty

let's keep this line going! sounds like Touro is requesting interviews- I go Oct.22. Anyone heard from other schools? KCOM hasn't been mentioned...?
good luck to all.

hey palcaregrl, i m def going to arizona and florida....are you? can you email me at [email protected], maybe we can tell where we are staying for hotels and all that detail...bye

Hi, I'm going to Tuoro on October 22. :) Has anyone flown yet? Just wondering...

JD- I'm emailing you in a couple of minutes.

Let's keep this great post going. I've been told I have an interview at AZCOM. Does anyone know what dates they are giving out as of now?

i just received an interview invite from ccom today by mail. i'll be there around october 15-17. good luck to all.

Hi, I got my CCOM interview too, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go or not yet...

Just got back from AZCOM, I was really impressed by the school. For those of you going- they really try to make you feel comfortable, and I know it sounds hard, but just try to relax and be yourself- it really is that easy. Check out interviewfeedback.com, I'm going to go post my experience there now - most of the questions that they asked were on that site.

Best of luck to everyone interviewing!! :D

Hi! I am a longtime reader, first-time poster! I received my first interview notice Saturday from Ohio University (OUCOM)! It was a letter, but my pre-med advisor found out Friday or before from a "source" at OU! Is anyone heading to Athens on October 2nd with me? :D :D :D

CCOM interview on oct 19th!! (letter)

DMU interview on oct 1!! (letter)

anyone have an interview with these schools yet? how was it? feedback please!!

thanks

PalCareGrl, Congrats on CCOM. You better go, the school is great! Let us know how NOVA went. Hope to see you at CCOM! :D

hey, does anyone have any suggestions of where i could stay while i'm interviewing at AZCOM? does the school have a host program that allows interviewees to stay with a current student for a day? any suggestions?

Wasabi- if you call admissions at AZCOM they may have a list. I stayed at the Sleep Inn which was close to campus, clean, and very decent.

MedPuck - I don't know, I may decline CCOM.... NOVA was GREAT!!! I love it there. I'm only afraid that I'll like it more than UNECOM (10/13) because that's been my first choice for so long. NOVA's interview was great - Johnny and I met some new people, including Gator, who hangs out here (hey girl - hope you had a good flight, I didn't get to say "bye"). The infamous Dr Terry was not present so the day was not-so-stressful. But anyway, I just got home, so I'm going to relax and probably go to bed soon... I'll let you know about CCOM soon. Good luck in Iowa!!!!!! (friday right?) :D

Wasabi, I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites ($55/night), about 10 minutes away. I think I had the hotel to myself, but it was very nice. I filled a questionaire about my interview experience on www.interviewfeedback.com Good luck, the interview is pretty laid back and the day is enjoyable!

I just got a phone call from COMP yesterday...my interview is Oct. 9...my fingers are crossed!!!!