Interview Invite Email Thank-Yous?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tryrosine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have received a couple interview invites and scheduled out dates, etc. I was wondering if I should be replying with thank-yous to these email invites? They seem like form emails so I have not been, and I plan on sending a thank-you after my interview.

Is this courteous or would it be unnecessary?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Little extra don't ya think?
giphy.gif

No. Schedule the interview. The office does not need to deal with 500+ thank you letters from grateful applicants. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have received a couple interview invites and scheduled out dates, etc. I was wondering if I should be replying with thank-yous to these email invites? They seem like form emails so I have not been, and I plan on sending a thank-you after my interview.

I've never seen this happen. Don't start a new annoying trend where every premed thinks they have to thank every school for both the opportunity to interview as well as the opportunity to have interviewed. These would be in addition to those without interviews sending updates saying, "Please interview me."

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all,

Thank you in advance
The only times I emailed (for med school or residency) after interview invites is if the email specifically said to respond to confirm attendance or if the email gave me a choice of dates and I had to pick one.
Otherwise, pre-interview communication is not necessary (I'd even argue post-interview isn't but that's a different rabbit hole)

I've never seen this happen. Don't start a new annoying trend where every premed thinks they have to thank every school for both the opportunity to interview as well as the opportunity to have interviewed. These would be in addition to those without interviews sending updates saying, "Please interview me."

Just wait till it turns into this:

"Thank you for letting me pay $100 and fill out more essay questions. I'm so grateful for this opportunity."

Reactions: 6 users
Entirely unnecessary. Some are automated messages sent from accounts that nobody even checks. Save your thank-yous for after the interview.