interview invite without a secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Lyss

Professional Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone? Can you get an interview invite without completing and submitting the secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

UTMB Galveston did this with me.. before they received my recommendation letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
based on your mdapps, i'm assuming your talking about Pitt. That is pretty impressive considering your mcat score and that they seemed to be auto-inviting people after submission of the secondary if you had 36+ MCAT. Who knows why these schools do what they do, but congrats on your interview!

based on your mdapps, i'm assuming your talking about Pitt. That is pretty impressive considering your mcat score and that they seemed to be auto-inviting people after submission of the secondary if you had 36+ MCAT. Who knows why these schools do what they do, but congrats on your interview!

hmm pitt didnt autoinvite me! Maybe i was too fast on the secondary, and they would have though? :rolleyes:

UMich and Vandy do pre-sec invites though.

If they are auto-inviting people then there is a GPA requirement as well... ;)

Last edited:
UNMC only sends secondaries to OOS applicants they have decided to interview based on the primary, and I believe they interview all in state applicants (i.e. before a secondary).
-Roy