Interview invites without MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Andrews

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the August MCAT (I've never taken the MCAT before), but my GPA is 3.9+. I was wondering if any schools will invite people for interviews before their MCAT scores are available if they complete the secondaries and stuff this summer.

Or do I have to wait until like November before any interview invites would come?

Members don't see this ad.

I think if you were a non-trad candidate, say someone who already has a PhD, then you could get interviewed without mcats, but in your case i bet not.

Members don't see this ad :)
What if you already have an april score and are re-taking it? Would they even consider you app before your aug score comes back even if your april score is competitive?

Dr.Andrews said:
I'm taking the August MCAT (I've never taken the MCAT before), but my GPA is 3.9+. I was wondering if any schools will invite people for interviews before their MCAT scores are available if they complete the secondaries and stuff this summer.

Or do I have to wait until like November before any interview invites would come?

You'll likely won't get invites until your scores are in, but it would be a good idea to have everything completed before then.

i got interviewed and accepted w/o an MCAT score and from my understanding dont need a min MCAT score BUT i was accepted to a 7 yr BS/MD program offered to sophomores at my college...otherwise, i don't know of any other way to get interviewed w/o an MCAT score.

Yeah, on all of the secondaries I have completed/looked at so far (verified 6/23) the schools list out that a complete application includes MCAT scores. So if they are waiting for that, they're waiting for that. I think you have to wait. It is good advice to get the rest done in the meantime though.

All of the NY schools I have applied to also note that a "Complete application is required for Committee Review" and mention that MCAT is part of this complete application.