Interview issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaigil

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need to ask for some info.

I have sent out 24 applications to IM Residency Program in mid-Sep and so far only 1 has extended an invitation to interview.

No rejection mails so far either.

Question

When do PD send out invitations to interview normally? Sep? Oct?

Do they tell you if your application to their program is not successful?

I am perplexed.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there

Sorry for being too curious, but did you apply for a mixture of (high -->low tier) programs, because I was told it is good to apply for community hospitals as well, even if I want to go to a university programs, 'cos you never know..
( the funny part is I still am not clear what is so good about university hospitals compared to a community hospital:confused: )

I know I sound like I am from another planet, but the truth is I am writing from another part of the world.

Chaigil,

While I am certainly no expert on the subject...I sent out 16 applications and have gotten 4 interview offers.

1 was from a community program (the only one I applied to)
1 was from a 'lower tier' University program with a good location for me.

The other 2 were from mid / high tier programs which consistently fill with American Medical Graduates. For reference, I go to a midwestern Medical School.

I have 3 applications pending at extremely "high" tier programs, which I have yet to hear from. I don't expect to hear anything until after November 1.

Good luck to you.

GI Guy