Interview Lull

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NinerNiner999

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know from reading some of the posts on this board that there a few of us who still have considerable numbers of programs we have not heard from. I don't know about the rest of you, but the week before Dean's Letters went out, I have recieved offers for nine programs. Since the Letters went out, I have recieved 5 rejections (from places I was expecting the thumbs down on from anyways). After applying to 34 programs and hearing from 14 of them, what is going on with the other 20? Are any of you in this same predicament?

Also, I was invited to interview at Louisville last week. I called yesterday (seven dys later) to schedule and they already have a waiting list 6-10 people deep for each interview date! I guess we need to know all of our travel plans in advance and look well into our crystal balls so we can call RIGHT AWAY and schedule with some of these places. I hope this doesn't happen with the other 20...

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to about 40 programs last year... and am still waiting for an interview offer from UVA and Hopkins. I'm WAITING FOR YOUR DAMMIT!...

Some programs will leave you "flappin in the breeze" (as another SDNer put it). Expect to get a trickle of rejections and interviews at this point...

Q, DO

Same here. I have recieved a good number of interviews but I applied to 35 programs and have not heard from them or seen some on the boards. I also had a program offer me an interview w/o seeing my board scores (ERAS messed up) and that makes me a little nervous. What if they do not want me now b/c of the scores? TOO late!

Members don't see this ad :)
wick... .consider yourself lucky... they wanted you even BEFORE your scores were there....
I have excellent scores... yet they STILL dont want me...
nothing beats that... does it?

Me too! I heard from 8 programs pre-Dean's letter, then another 7 a couple of days afterwards, then NOTHING. Dead silence. Is this it? Am I able to plan my life around my trips out of state? Part of me really hopes so, so I can just concentrate on the interviews that I do have. I hate this waiting!

Well, I called up all the programs that have'nt replied yet, and the standard reply was, "applications are still being reviewed"... which could mean one of two things:
(1) they are actually being reviewed and expect something soon
(2) I am being taken for a ride ;)

So well, its going to be next week or bust. I would call up the programs that have'nt replied so far...

I also called one of the programs that I was really interested in and let them know that I would be in the same city for another interview-They said that they would put my app on the top of the stack to review and let me know one way or the other.

The next day I got an interview-Don't give up.

Good luck-
B

Thanks for the suggestions Brooke - It has worked for me as well...