Interview Offer from Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I checked the online status check at Michigan's web site and it states the following:

"An interview offer letter has been sent to you. You have several options for dates to interview. Please call the Admissions Office when you receive your letter to confirm your date. Interview date scheduled: "

This doesnt make much sense to me because I just submitted the online secondary like 10 minutes ago. Plus, they dont have my letters of rec yet. Does Michigan give out interview offers to alot of people? It would seem like they dont have enough info to evaluate me yet.

Anybody else gotten an interview invite from Michigan yet? Perhaps this is just a computer error.

Members don't see this ad.

that's almost kind of funny. :D

it has to be a glitch if your file there isn't even complete (no rec letters). and if you truly *just* submitted your app online (on a saturday), who is even there at the admissions office to not only review your file, but to decide that even without people to vouch for you, you will be interviewed?

but hey, i'd get back on their website and try to schedule yourself an interview, if they're going to offer one to you. :D

HAHHAHA
I just checked it too!
I sent in my letters of rec yesterday and I have an interview too!!!!
YIPPEE :) haha
I hope it's not a glitch. I am assuming since they asked for our letters of rec that means they were planning on interviewing us anyways.
Baylor21, I have some questions for you...can you email me please:

[email protected]

Or IM me at scoob0723

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it's not a glitch ;) Maybe they're criteria for an interview is solely based on numbers.... :D Why not? it could happen....

Seriously, though, I hope it is true and you did receive an interview despite the weird circumstances.... Good luck....

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•HAHHAHA
I just checked it too!
I sent in my letters of rec yesterday and I have an interview too!!!!
YIPPEE :) haha
I hope it's not a glitch. I am assuming since they asked for our letters of rec that means they were planning on interviewing us anyways.
Baylor21, I have some questions for you...can you email me please:

[email protected]

Or IM me at scoob0723

Thanks!•

Scooby,

You got email. Sorry I havent checked my email for a few days so didnt see your message. I'm going to start checking it at least once a day from now on because I've been missing alot of stuff.

Popoy,

My numbers are OK but not outstanding. I looked again at their website and it states they interview usually 600 out of 5000 applicants, so hopefully this is not an error, I'd love to be able to make the first cut at this awesome school.

You guys that have been having stuff trasmitted . . .I know your grades are verified on your app (what does that column say--mine aren't, obviously), but is it also written on the app in the "date transmitted" column that they've gone out to these specific schools?

Congrats on the interviews! I know it might sound like a glitch, but just go ahead and schedule. They might have enough info to screen you with. According to another thread, Stanford is already giving out rejection notices. So, it does appear that schools have something to evaluate on. Good luck!

Originally posted by grasshopper:
•You guys that have been having stuff trasmitted . . .I know your grades are verified on your app (what does that column say--mine aren't, obviously), but is it also written on the app in the "date transmitted" column that they've gone out to these specific schools?•

I still have no dates transmitted on my app printout. The only reason that I know that Michigan received my electronic AMCAS is because they emailed me and I emailed them back asking them if it was the full, electronically transmitted AMCAS. The director of admissions said yes, plus they have all my coursework listed on their online secondary.

Some people have had their apps transmitted to Stanford electronically also, but I'm not applying there so I cant speak from personal experience.

Baylor,

It looks like it was a glitch for me at least :( :( :( :( :(

I just checked the website again and now instead of having what we posted before it has:

Application Status as of 08/06/2001
We have requested that you send letters of recommendation and additional materials to complete your file for further processing. Please review the checklists below to see what items we have received. If all the materials requested are recorded here, your file is complete and is being reviewed.

Yep,

So I just called them and they told me it was a glitch...damn that sucks! hahaha..I hate getting hopes up and then having them crash down. Oh well...They said they are trying to review files ASAP when they get the letters of rec.

ON a different note, I think I made a mistake by sending in one my letters of rec. I was talking to my boss (who I sent in his to Michigan) and he was telling me his letter was more scientifically based and unfortunately Michigan only allows for a few letters of rec to be sent so I got screwed in that department. And I don't think my scores are "that competetive" for Michigan. Oh well, I will just have to start looking for others now :(

Hopefully others have better luck!

Yeah Scooby I have the same message under application status.

Oh well, should've known it was too good to be true.