Interview panel

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by maxim728, Nov 16, 2001.

1. maxim728

maxim728 Member

This question pertains to the interview panel(interviewers). I was wondering; are the interviewers part of the admissions committee or are they volunteers who write about you to the admissions committee? I am asking this because I always hear about horror stories with "tough" interviewers and I feel that this is too much power for one or two individuals to have. Furthermore, could a LECOM student answer this as well if you would be so kind :) Thank you

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. solie

solie Senior Member

I think at most schools that the interviewers do have a say in whether or not you're admitted, since they're the ones who interviewed you. But I don't think they have the final say all alone. They are part of the adcom, and a concensus is reached.

Someone told me once that the people who interview you are your "respresentatives" on the adcom, and that if they like you, they try to convince the rest of the adcom to accept you.

At some schools, like DMU for example, the Dean may oversee the whole process, though, and have the FINAL final say...does that make sense??

I'm not sure specifically about LECOM though, since I've never been there.

4. oceana

oceana Member

5. maxim728

maxim728 Member

Thank you to the both of you, know i better understand how the process works.