Interview Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

areg99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I applied to school psychology masters programs and am beginning to hear back from some schools. I could really use any information about how to prep for interviews. What kinds of questions should I be prepared for? What questions should I ask faculty and current graduate students? Are there any "surprises" I should be ready for? Should I have a copy of my CV on hand? And the all important-what should I wear?

If anyone has any interview experiences they want to share, that would be really helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

I would love to hear any advice as well regarding interviews. Have you applied/heard from teachers college by any chance? That's the school I'm waiting on.

Thanks!

I haven't applied to Teacher's College, I only applied to programs that offer national certification in school psychology. I hear that Teacher's College has an excellent Psychology in Education program though!

No one has an interview experiences to share? On my biggest questions is, since I applied to masters programs, will I be interviewing with doctoral applicants? And also how much should I be prepared to talk about research considering I plan on doing only clinical work?

I also applied to a few School Psych programs (masters) although haven't heard back yet. Two deadlines were 02/1 and 02/15, so I don't know when they start calling.
I also found advice books are for PhD, but instead of trying to impress a professor about wanting to do research with him/her, I think you should just concentrate on what you want to do, your goals, your interests, etc.

My regret is not applying to Lehigh's program, hard to get into, but they have money to help fund and I liked what I read about it . I thought it would still be too expensive...any regrets you have at this point?