Interview prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BecksTriad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us fortunate enough to get interviews this early in the cycle I thought we could share some ways we're all getting prepared. The interview feedback page on SDN is great but does anyone have any suggestions on resources for learning more about health care and how it affects doctors? I definitely don't know enough. If anyone comes across a useful resource sharing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

410rCpH6ZIL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Politics-Universal-Health-Care/dp/1616144564

I would like more resources as well...

For those of us fortunate enough to get interviews this early in the cycle I thought we could share some ways we're all getting prepared. The interview feedback page on SDN is great but does anyone have any suggestions on resources for learning more about health care and how it affects doctors? I definitely don't know enough. If anyone comes across a useful resource sharing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Standard health policy book is "Understanding Health Policy" by Bodenheimer. The newest edition (I think it's the sixth) is up to date with the 2009 PPACA legislation.

NEJM's healthcare reform section + NY Times healthcare section are pretty good resources for basic info.