Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

interview problem

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drdan766, Feb 15, 2007.

1. drdan766

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    In my interview, i spoke with an MD who made a mistake regarding my record. It involved the difference of .34 GPA points. To my dismay, the interviewer thought i dropped my GPA by .34 points my senior year. Interestingly, i went to school for 9 semesters. So i tried to ask which of my last two semesters he was talking about but he asked me to stop stalling. This confused me and I tried to recall my entire record from memory. I then talked to him about my difficulties with some classes early in my college career, and moved on. In all i was happy to get off the subject since i didn't understand the foundation. (I started off poorly in college then steadily improved)

Then I went home and found out it was entirely untrue. My record shoes no GPA drop in my last 6 semesters. I felt that was a horrible blow since i was relying on my IMPROVING record over the years.

Advice? Suggestions?

2. bodhisattva

10+ Year Member

E-mail him and clarify the situation? Maybe he misread your file? Or (oh! the horror!) was looking at the wrong file?

How can you not remember your GPA, especially if it went up? Did you misunderstand your interviewer? I, personally, know every grade I've gotten for every class I took in college. But then again, I only had 6 semesters and I had more than one application system to go through so I entered things more than once. And I'm detail oriented almost to compulsion.

3. Misfit!

Misfit! Ihate everything aboutyou
    10+ Year Member

he asked you to stop stalling?? wtf? this isn't criminal court

4. OP
    OP
    drdan766

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    well, i have taken about 170 credits and would not specify which year he was talking about. How can i make an argument without sounding. . . uh . . . argumentative. I said there might have been a mistake but I am not about to call out an interviewer who may be performing a stress interview.

at least those were my thoughts.

I thought the mature applicant would just nake the best of the rest of the interview rather than making a big stink aout the ordeal.

5. Tired Pigeon

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Definitely clarify with a politely and respectfully worded email, and CC it to the admissions office. Mistakes do get made -- it's entirely possible your interviewer was looking at the wrong file.

Was this your only interview at this school?

6. DropkickMurphy

DropkickMurphy Membership Revoked
    Removed

Other Health Professions Student
    "Your Honor, permission to treat the applicant as a hostile interviewee?"
    "Granted."
    *pulls out bullwhip*
    :smuggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...