interview problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdan766

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my interview, i spoke with an MD who made a mistake regarding my record. It involved the difference of .34 GPA points. To my dismay, the interviewer thought i dropped my GPA by .34 points my senior year. Interestingly, i went to school for 9 semesters. So i tried to ask which of my last two semesters he was talking about but he asked me to stop stalling. This confused me and I tried to recall my entire record from memory. I then talked to him about my difficulties with some classes early in my college career, and moved on. In all i was happy to get off the subject since i didn't understand the foundation. (I started off poorly in college then steadily improved)

Then I went home and found out it was entirely untrue. My record shoes no GPA drop in my last 6 semesters. I felt that was a horrible blow since i was relying on my IMPROVING record over the years.

Advice? Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

E-mail him and clarify the situation? Maybe he misread your file? Or (oh! the horror!) was looking at the wrong file?

How can you not remember your GPA, especially if it went up? Did you misunderstand your interviewer? I, personally, know every grade I've gotten for every class I took in college. But then again, I only had 6 semesters and I had more than one application system to go through so I entered things more than once. And I'm detail oriented almost to compulsion.

In my interview, i spoke with an MD who made a mistake regarding my record. It involved the difference of .34 GPA points. To my dismay, the interviewer thought i dropped my GPA by .34 points my senior year. Interestingly, i went to school for 9 semesters. So i tried to ask which of my last two semesters he was talking about but he asked me to stop stalling. This confused me and I tried to recall my entire record from memory. I then talked to him about my difficulties with some classes early in my college career, and moved on. In all i was happy to get off the subject since i didn't understand the foundation. (I started off poorly in college then steadily improved)

Then I went home and found out it was entirely untrue. My record shoes no GPA drop in my last 6 semesters. I felt that was a horrible blow since i was relying on my IMPROVING record over the years.

Advice? Suggestions?

he asked you to stop stalling?? wtf? this isn't criminal court

Members don't see this ad :)
well, i have taken about 170 credits and would not specify which year he was talking about. How can i make an argument without sounding. . . uh . . . argumentative. I said there might have been a mistake but I am not about to call out an interviewer who may be performing a stress interview.

at least those were my thoughts.

I thought the mature applicant would just nake the best of the rest of the interview rather than making a big stink aout the ordeal.

Definitely clarify with a politely and respectfully worded email, and CC it to the admissions office. Mistakes do get made -- it's entirely possible your interviewer was looking at the wrong file.

Was this your only interview at this school?

he asked you to stop stalling?? wtf? this isn't criminal court
"Your Honor, permission to treat the applicant as a hostile interviewee?"
"Granted."
*pulls out bullwhip*
:smuggrin: